Stetson (a horse) going for a cystoscopy.

14 years 9 months ago #27320 by Webs
Well Stetson came through the procedure with no issues found. Turns out they can and do, do all the same diagnostic procedures on a horse. They could not find anything wrong with him.

The blood in his urine is still a mystery. They put him on a month of antibiotics and are hoping that will take care of it. They are sending a urine sample out for cytology. But his bladder was nice and pink.:woohoo:

:silly: ;)

I will try to post his picture some time late tomorrow.

Webs

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 9 months ago #27294 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Stetson (a horse) going for a cystoscopy.
Beets maybe Rocky? Do horses eat beets?:S
Anyway Char...here's a web site on horses and bladder problems
www.horseadvice.com/horse/messages/4/218257.html
I love it.........:silly:
Pat

14 years 9 months ago #27291 by Rockyiss
Replied by Rockyiss on topic Stetson (a horse) going for a cystoscopy.
Hi Webs, I had a horse we used to think was bleeding but his urine was turning red after he ate something. It happened every spring, but I can,t remember what plant it was. Rocky

14 years 9 months ago #27290 by Webs
There is a beautiful one year old Gypsy Vanner Horse at our stables. He has had off and on episodes of blood in his urine for the last month. He was treated for an infection even though they could not see one in his urine. The owner has medical insurance on him because he is very expensive. Tomorrow he will be going in for a cystoscopy.:blink: I gave them a long list of questions to ask the vet.

I have had a lot of people ask about my journey and my opinion. The owner was so grateful that I could answer her questions about the procedure. She has promised to take notes about the procedure so that I can see what is the same and what is different. They are also trying to find out where he was born. They bought him here in CA, but they know that he came from AZ. I told them they should check the water supply where he was born.

Slightly weird, but extremely interesting.

Webs

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne