ENOUGH WITH MY PLUMBING ALREADY

14 years 9 months ago #27292 by Rockyiss
Replied by Rockyiss on topic ENOUGH WITH MY PLUMBING ALREADY
Pat Tonight my hubby was yelling for me ,when I got to the kitchen there was water running all over my new counters and cabinets. Seems he decided to wash the TWO bowls in the sink, turned on the water , went in the other room and forgot all about it! Don't even think of anything in your house overflowing !! Rocky

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 9 months ago #27170 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic ENOUGH WITH MY PLUMBING ALREADY
Well i'm glad you got that gizmo thingy for him....and you've got to admire his endurance.....just let him go if he wants to do something. I remember when my poor mom was at a l7% ejection fraction and always out of breath from cardiomyopathy but she would save herself for a project...usually making dinner as she loved to cook. My father was always saying "Ginny you shouldn't be doing that"...when she was out digging in the garden or decided to make a trip with me to shop and we would sneak a hotdog with everything on it ...she would get so aggrevated with him as she told me she knew what she couldn't do and didn't need to be reminded all the time.
By the way my toilet needs a new whatchamacallit thingy that stops the water from continually running...more plumbing problems!! Sometimes it flushes itself...scary:huh:
Pat

14 years 9 months ago #27165 by ladyjd
Replied by ladyjd on topic ENOUGH WITH MY PLUMBING ALREADY
Here’s another for ya. A few weeks ago, the night before Cole was scheduled for admission to the hospital to begin dialysis treatment, he decided to fix a toilet! At the time, he was sleeping 18 to 20 hours per day and was terribly weak from the poisons accumulating in his body, but he decided the work had to be done then and there.

I made three trips to as many hardware stores to obtain the parts he wanted (and my only mechanical vocabulary consists of the term gizmo and whatchamacallit). When I arrived home, he had taken the entire toilet apart, scrubbed the water tank and was sitting down every three or four minutes to catch his breath.

Two hours passed while he worked to get everything right (yes, he’s definitely Type A, as well as an engineer), and finally all was complete. He had replaced everything except for the porcelain tank and bowl—a great job up to his usual standards. Except—the thing that originally broke was the handle—the one thing he didn’t think to ask me to buy!

So, a week later, after a six-day hospital stay, he returned to do this last chore. The toilet now works perfectly, and he wouldn’t have it any other way! I love his spirit of DIY, but that adventure could have done him in.
Judy

14 years 9 months ago #27152 by reseda1420
Replied by reseda1420 on topic ENOUGH WITH MY PLUMBING ALREADY
Hmmmmm, so this is the plumbing horror story thread, huh ? Last Oct, about 7 months after my RC, I was standing at my bathroom sink and shaving when I felt a warm liquid on my foot. Now that could have meant that I just peed on myself, my dog peed on me or I had a really bad leak in my plumbing.

I checked and found that I was dry so it wasn't me, I looked and found my dog still in bed sleeping (she isn't a morning dog)so that left the plumbing and the beginning of my descent into plumbing hell. Had it just been a single item it could have been fixed relatively cheaply but a multiplicity of items meant a major remodel was the only reasonable response.

It is never a good thing to embark on a major remodel before you have everything in place. What should be a 2 week job now turned into an 8 month job. Think of the time for design decisions, demolition and then determining if the goal can even be accomplished (go from one sink to dual)before ordering things that always take at least 6 weeks.

Anyway, you get the picture. I still didn't have my stamina or strength back so it complicated the remodel for me.

14 years 9 months ago #27149 by Melodie
Replied by Melodie on topic ENOUGH WITH MY PLUMBING ALREADY
Pat,

Let's be thankful it's the house/auto plumbing that can be repaired and/or replaced vs. our good old bods...which we hope to keep running smoothly for us, considering mileage and age factors. Stay hopeful! ;)

Melodie, Indy Pouch, U.W.Medical Center, Seattle, Dr. Paul H. Lange & Jonathan L. Wright

14 years 9 months ago #27143 by Julie
Replied by Julie on topic ENOUGH WITH MY PLUMBING ALREADY
Last week someone said my bad day was caused by the asteroid hitting Jupiter (I think that's the planet). Supposedly that behavior is part of astrology. Who knew? Maybe that is what is causing the plumbing issues. Usually I get the answer Mercury is retrograde. Julie

Volunteer Coordinator
ABLSC

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne