Anyone an expert in WORD?

14 years 10 months ago #26833 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic Anyone an expert in WORD?
Sara Anne,

It can depend on which version of Word you are using. If you are using Word versions prior to Word 2007, then:

-To Bold something, you should have a bold looking letter B on your toolbar across the top of the screen. If you highlight the word you want to make bold and then click on that B, it will bold it and nothing else.

Easiest way is to type all of it and then go back and just click each word you want bold.

-To reset capitalization, select Tools (from the toolbar), then Autocorrect options, then the Autocorrect tab, then uncheck the box that says capitalize sentences. That should stay set every time you come back into Word.

If you have Word 2007, then click the "Home" tab. The bold letter B should then be displayed in the upper portion of the screen. Do it the same way I described above.

For autocorrect: Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Word Options (button on the bottom).
In the Word Options dialog box, click Proofing, and then click AutoCorrect Options. Unselect capitalization.

Hope that helps!

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 10 months ago #26832 by sara.anne
Anyone an expert in WORD? was created by sara.anne
I used to be really proficient in the old WordPerfect...but then I stopped working and the world moved on. Been using (make that trying to use) Word and have some "issues." Would appreciate any advice/help...and I might have an easier time on the web page work I am doing for this site!!

A. If I am typing a bunch of lines (I was doing a sort of dictionary) e.g.
Urologist -- A physican specializing in diseases of the urinary tract

I want Urologist to be in bold and the rest in regular face.
Then I need to do the next definition...etc., etc..
Is there any way to quickly move back and forth from bold to regular type without going to "font" etc.......???

My WORD program automatically starts every line in a letter or text with a capitol letter. Someone told me how to reset this, but when I go to my next document it does it again. Is there any way to reset the default on this?

All help will be appreciated. However,, I must warn you that IF you answer, I may bother you with more questions!!

Thanks much

SA

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne