Return of Webs Again

14 years 11 months ago #26106 by Rockyiss
Replied by Rockyiss on topic Return of Webs Again
Based on what all you guys are saying I think I am going to take my computer to our office on Friday and ask our secretary, "what the heck are they talking about !" I really have got to take the time and learn how to do all of this. lol Rocky

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #26100 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic Return of Webs Again
Yes! You definately want to delete browsing history and delete temporary internet files. That will make things even faster. You should probably do that weekly just for general housekeeping.

You also want to go to Start> All Programs> Accessories> System Tools > Disk Defragmenter. Defragment the disk after deleting unwanted files and internet temporary files every month. Fragmentation causes a lot of slow down of your computer because the head is having to travel all over the disk gathering bits and peices of the fragmented files.

Cookies don't really take up space and personally, I prefer to be logged back in automatically when I return to the site. Saves lots of time and trouble.

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

14 years 11 months ago #26093 by Gracie
Replied by Gracie on topic Return of Webs Again
Thats exactly what happened in my case Rabyrd. Who knew?!?! Actually my cable guy guided me on this one. Went to 'Tools' - then clicked on 'Delete Browsing History'. Voila!! Seems like my computer works even faster. My new friend, the cable guy, suggested doing this once a month or so.

Gracie

14 years 11 months ago #26092 by rabyrd
Replied by rabyrd on topic Return of Webs Again
this site seems to have persistent 'cookies', so if you don't periodically delete your cookies using the tool option, i think it logs you in automatically based on the information it has retained.

14 years 11 months ago #26051 by Rockyiss
Replied by Rockyiss on topic Return of Webs Again
Webs, I don't know enough about computers to figure out if it is messing with me or not! lol. I know just enough to turn it on and I think turn it off, maybe it stays on and I don,t even know it ! Rocky

14 years 11 months ago #26031 by Flamenco.
Replied by Flamenco. on topic Return of Webs Again
And me!!!

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne