Gardacil....off topic discussion

15 years 2 weeks ago #25522 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Gardacil....off topic discussion
There is a male version — it’s the same as the female version. The only reason it’s not yet been approved for males is that the FDA did not feel Merck’s data were sufficient....meaning Merck is targeting the female population. The current vaccine only affects 4 strains of HPV......there are 200 strains!
Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 2 weeks ago #25519 by Flamenco.
Replied by Flamenco. on topic Gardacil....off topic discussion
In the Valencian Community (State),in Spain a batch of Gardacil was withdrawn in February of this year, after 2 girls collapsed with convulsions following the second vaccination. I believe one of them is still in intensive care. Listening to a phone in radio discussion on the efficiency and safety of the vaccine, one lady brought up what sounded like a very valid argument - Why is the vaccine only used on females ? If the papilloma virus is carried by males would it not be logical to treat them ?
Diane

15 years 3 weeks ago #25513 by balihigh
Replied by balihigh on topic Gardacil....off topic discussion
There was an article in my local paper a couple of weeks ago about a 16 year old girl who had adverse reactions to her vacine. It seems that it has brought on a terrible asthma attack. She had asthma as a young girl but it had been years since she was bothered. Now she is very ill and has missed lots of school. I think there is lots to be learned about this vacine yet.
Balihigh

female 60
1/08 dx 4 tumors TURB
T1 G3
12 BCG + interferon
5/08 another tumor/TURB
9/08 RC illieal conduit

15 years 3 weeks ago #25510 by Webs
Replied by Webs on topic Gardacil....off topic discussion
Pat,
I have made the decision for the last two years at Lauren's annual checkup NOT to get her the Gardacil shot. This only reasures me that I have made the right decision. I also remember reading some report from England about adverse reactions but can not remeber where. Glad to know I am not crazy.

Webs

15 years 3 weeks ago - 15 years 3 weeks ago #25508 by Patricia
Gardacil....off topic discussion was created by Patricia
I know this is off topic...but we're all being bombarded with commercials on Gardacil as if its the best thing going for young females to protect them from cervical cancer. I was doing some research on hospitals in Australia and inadvertantly came upon a statistic that floored me...over 3000 adverse reactions to date with young girls from this drug. (They must have had the trials over there)
Now i read this article published in 2007
www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/63586.php
and a more recent article
www.newsinferno.com/archives/4673

Whoa!! This kind of reminds me of being one of the first females to be given birth control...oh yeah..its safe...best thing going...those pills were 10mg. of estrogen back then!!!!! Thankfully my OB/GYN took me off them as i was getting headaches comparable to the A Bomb going off in my head.
Does any of this seem acceptable to you?
Pat

Pat

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne