housefire

15 years 3 months ago #23624 by Julie
Replied by Julie on topic housefire
Rocky, I'm thankful that you managed to get out of your house with some of your cherished possessions. I'm sorry that on top of everything else you had to deal with having a house fire.
A good reminder about checking the smoke detectors. I replaced for my daughter a couple of weeks ago because the battery corroded and it was unusable. We decided that another one wouldn't hurt. Mine works for now it goes off every time I make toast.

Again my condolences to you and your family over the loss of your brother. Julie

Volunteer Coordinator
ABLSC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 3 months ago #23623 by Stephany
Replied by Stephany on topic housefire
Rocky, I can picture you skiing through the forest, clutching your hunting rifle under one arm and your pictures in the other, like Hansel fleeing the witch. May you find warmth and rest in your temporary abode. And I'm going to replace that old smoke detector I have. I replaced one this week, and found out it was 8 years old.

Thank you for the tip! I'm so sorry for your loss, and hope your family is comfortable this evening.

Stephany in Iowa

15 years 3 months ago #23622 by Webs
Replied by Webs on topic housefire
Rocky,

What can I say. I'm glad you saved a few things. i know how important your hiking gear is. I am so glad you guys woke up in time. May the sun start shining on you as Cynthia said.

Charlotte

15 years 3 months ago #23620 by momof4
Replied by momof4 on topic housefire
:( how truely awful! But your attitude as always is on the bright side...and I am glad you were able to save a few of your things... <3 <3 <3

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

15 years 3 months ago #23609 by Sassy
Replied by Sassy on topic housefire
I can have empathy with you. We were able to move back into our house in time for the holidays this year. Our house burned down the year before and we had to live in a furnished apartment for months. The things you hate to lose are the things that are close to the heart. It is a blessing that your daughter had a house and you were able to save some things.

Sylvia L. Ramsey

15 years 3 months ago #23608 by Cynthia
Replied by Cynthia on topic housefire
Rocky,

The saying that when it rains it pours doesn't even quite say it does it? I hope that the sun come out for you soon. You are in my thoughts please keep us updated.

Cynthia Kinsella
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Clinical Trial
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
Chemotherapy 3/05-5/05
BCG 9/05-1-06
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne