Arrrrrrgh

15 years 4 months ago #23216 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Arrrrrrgh
An update. We just kept getting hit with snow and more snow. I was completely resigned to spending Christmas alone and catching up with the family later. On Christmas eve, about noon, there was a knock on the door. There stood my nephew...
he had chains on his SUV and had parked on the top of my hill, hiked/slid down. I grabbed my toothbrush and the bag of presents and we made it to his car. An hour and a half later (usually a 20 minute drive) I was with my family!! Spent the night and a wonderful Christmas.

Heedless of the peril, he brought me home Christmas night. Roads were starting to clear, but my hill almost did him in!!
We made it.

As of yesterday afternoon things are melting...I MAY get the car out today!!

Sara anne in Lake Oswego, OR

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago #23209 by Rockyiss
Replied by Rockyiss on topic Arrrrrrgh
Sara Anne, My kids bought me some things to put over my shoes that had metal on them so I would'nt slide on the ice. They really worked !! The wind blows so hard on my mountain it almost blows me away !!! lol I had to get down on my hands and knees once because the wind was blowing so hard and the edge of the moutain was coming up fast !!
All of you that are getting snow, send it my way !! please ! It has been raining and melting the snow at our ski resort and I am also skiing on ice !Rocky

15 years 4 months ago #23090 by RAH
Replied by RAH on topic Arrrrrrgh
Well back to the NW. North of Seattle we had 10 inces in the last 24 hours.
I love the Internet, I have been working for three days staight from my recliner. While working I watched my eight year old twins do some cheerleading, wrap a christmas present for their mom, and eat lunch in front of the Christmas Tree.
This is a whole bunch better then listening to my cube mates whine about the season of joy.
Keep the snow comming, my company vacation starts next Wednesday.

15 years 4 months ago #23086 by Stephany
Replied by Stephany on topic Arrrrrrgh
Speaking of waiting in line, Sara....be glad you're not in the grocery store, waiting in line behind all those people stocking up before the next storm.

Stephany in Iowa (if the next storm cancels school, I'm taking the Little to ring the bell at the grocery store, instead of shop)

15 years 4 months ago #23084 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Arrrrrrgh
Sara,

It could be worse. You could be in Spokane. We have over 24 inches of the white stuff on the level. And, it's still snowing!! And, as you said we are expecting another storm front to arrive on Saturday. That storm will have to wait in line because this one is still here!! :laugh:

Gordon

p.s. Sorry this ain't no joke! :)

age 70
Dx 10/03
neobladder 9/4/04

15 years 4 months ago #23080 by sara.anne
Arrrrrrgh was created by sara.anne
I have not been out of the house since last Saturday. As you may have seen on the news, the Pacific NW has been hit by a cycle of cold winter storms. I live on a hill, my driveway is steep AND I HAVE A BAD CASE OF CABIN FEVER. Two years ago I slipped on the ice and broke my ankle, so I am more than cautious now. And they are predicting another, even worse, storm on Saturday.

I don't even think Santa can get here.

Keep the jokes coming!!

Sara Anne (Portland OR area.)

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne