Thoughts on waking this morning...

15 years 6 months ago #21993 by Rockyiss
Replied by Rockyiss on topic Thoughts on waking this morning...
Just think the richest man in the world, (Warren Buffet) cannot buy the one thing God gives to us freely, LIFE. He can buy anything he wants but not this.What a gift we have been given. Rocky

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 7 months ago #21668 by Flamenco.
Replied by Flamenco. on topic Thoughts on waking this morning...
Hi,
and how true the words.Our wealth should not be measured in what we have materially but what gifts like this we have ,and more importantly have learned to appreciate.
Will look up Rumi !
All the best, Flamenco.

15 years 7 months ago #21630 by DIB
Someone sent this to me and I wanted to share it I had a good night's sleep after TURBT #3 and awoke to a beautiful day.

From the writings of Rumi-

"Our life is not a problem to be solved, it is a gift to be opened. The color of the sky, the song of a bird, a word of kindness, a strain of music, the sun on our face, the companionship of friends, the taste of sea air, the shape of clouds in summer, the reds of maples in fall-there are so many gifts in a single life. If we are occupied with what is missing and what is broken and what is wrong, we lose the miraculous harvest of all these tiny gifts, piled one upon the other, that accumulate without our acknowledging them. If we listen more carefully for the infinite blessings of a single day, this will not discount or obliterate our sorrows. But it will help us remember how strong and rich we can be, even in the midst of suffering. A single word of gratefulness can transform a moment of sorrow into a moment of peace. Try this, and you will see that it’s true."

If you are not familiar with Rumi, look him up. He is widely considered one of literature's greatest mystical poets.

Male Dx T1G3 5/08 @ Age 59. TURBT 5/08; TURBT+40 mg MMC 6/08; BCG (6) 7/08-8/08; Cysto & TURBT 9/08; BCG Maint(3) 10/08, 3/09; 7/09; 11/09; 5/10; & 1/11. Clean cystos 2/09, 9/09, 3/10, & 10/10.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne