In case of accident-this is a good idea

15 years 9 months ago #20249 by Julie
Replied by Julie on topic In case of accident-this is a good idea
We heard about this several years ago from other full timers. We each created an ICE number on our cell phones. I learned several years ago when I accidentally dropped by cell phone in a restaurant that the first place they checked on the cell phone was HOME. I didn't have such a label then on my cell phone because it was our home phone. Fortunately we had only gone 30 miles down the road before i figured out I didn't have my cell phone and went back to get it.
So I have 2 homes on my cell phone our house number and Dick's cell phone and he has our house phone and my cell phone as his Home. Julie

Volunteer Coordinator
ABLSC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #20227 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic In case of accident-this is a good idea
I can't afford a mobile phone.......so my ICE is on a emergency card with my primary care doctor listed first and my surgeon second and my son third..and i also carry a paper in my purse with my schedule for cathing and where my stoma is located....of course they have to go through all my coupons and unneccesary stuff i cram into my purse that i really don't need first...kind of a treasure hunt:P Pat

15 years 9 months ago #20226 by Sandra
Replied by Sandra on topic In case of accident-this is a good idea
Hi Joe: Great way to get this info out. My new phone LG from Verizon ICE is the first entry in Contacts and when this is pushed there's room for 4 contacts and then a section for Personal information. I used this to inform about my Bladder Cancer, other ailments, allergies and My doctors information. Also I added another entry for my Directive, just in case there's ever a question as to my wishes.

Thanks Joe for getting the info out. Hope all is well with you and yours.

Sandra

Sandra
"Grandmothers are just antique little girls...."

15 years 9 months ago #20222 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic In case of accident-this is a good idea
Joe,

Very good advice, Thanks,,,,,Ginger

15 years 9 months ago - 15 years 9 months ago #20218 by fearandfight
In case of accident-this is a good idea was created by fearandfight
Apparently this is a standard procedure all paramedics follow at the scene of an accident when they come across your cell phone.

ICE - 'In Case of Emergency'

We all carry our mobile phones with names & numbers stored in its memory but nobody, other than ourselves, knows which of these numbers belong to our closest family or friends.

If we were to be involved in an accident or were taken ill, the people attending us would have our mobile phone but wouldn't know who to call. Yes, there are hundreds of numbers stored but which one is the contact person in case of an emergency? Hence the 'ICE' (In Case of Emergency) Campaign.
The concept of 'ICE' is catching on quickly. It is a method of contact during emergency situations. As cell(mobile)phones are carried by the majority of the population, all you need to do is store the number of a contact person or persons who should be contacted during emergency under the name 'ICE' ( In Case Of Emergency).
The idea was thought up by a paramedic who found that when he went to the scenes of accidents, there were always mobile phones with patients, but they didn't know which number to call.. He therefore thought that it would be a good idea if there was a nationally recognized name for this purpose. In an emergency situation, Emergency Service personnel and hospital Staff would be able to quickly contact the right person by simply dialing the number you have stored as 'ICE.'
For more than one contact name simply enter ICE1, ICE2 and ICE3 etc.
A great idea that will make a difference!
Let's spread the concept of ICE by storing an ICE number in our Mobile phones today!
Please forward this. It won't take too many 'forwards' before everybody will know about this . It really could save your life, or put a loved one's mind at rest .
ICE will speak for you when you are not able to.

Joe ;)

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne