Stuffed Zucchini Receipe

15 years 9 months ago #20154 by Flamenco.
Replied by Flamenco. on topic Stuffed Zucchini Receipe
Hi Karen ,
That sounds really good, Will definitely try it.
Don·t know if your kids ever read The BFG (Big Friendly Giant) by Roald Dahl. The giants ate something called a snozcumber.
My kids hated zuccini, so we renamed them snozcumbers, and still call them that even though they are now in their twenties !
Flamenco

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #20122 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Stuffed Zucchini Receipe
My co worker gave me a big bag of figs. Well, figs go bad pretty quick, so I went on line and found a fig bread recipe using cardamon and cinnamon. I made the bread, but unfortunately, the instructions were not precise about the size of pan and cooking time. The toothpick came out clean, but when I turned the cake out of the pan, it went all gooey and was still green in the middle. I cut it up and cooked it in the crock pot for about 4 hours, and now I have a new rendition of "figgy pudding". With a little dollop of sour cream, it ain't bad.

I'm trying very hard not to waste the fruits and vegetables that are coming my way this summer.

I even found a pot of home made soup to throw my over ripe tomatoes into.

The tomatoes featured here, are still green...:silly:

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

15 years 9 months ago - 15 years 9 months ago #20121 by momof4
Replied by momof4 on topic Stuffed Zucchini Receipe
Rosemary,

I thought so too...I know there was someone here maybe Holly? That was being over run by Zucchini:S ...I thought maybe this was a new way to use it:) .

Karen

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

15 years 9 months ago #20116 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Stuffed Zucchini Receipe
Karen,

This sounds yummy!! Thanks for sharing.

Ro

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

15 years 9 months ago #20094 by momof4
Stuffed Zucchini Receipe was created by momof4
Found this today...Looks tasty

Stuffed Zucchini

2 medium zucchini (about 12 ounces total)
1/3 cup finely chopped onion
1 tablespoon olive oil or cooking oil
2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed, or 1 beaten egg
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Cut zucchini in half lengthwise. Place, cut side down, in a microwave-safe 2-quart square baking dish. Micro-cook, covered, on 100 percent power (high) for 1-1/2 to 3 minutes or until nearly tender. (Or, cook in boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes.) Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-inch-thick shell. Set shells aside. Finely chop the zucchini pulp; set aside.

2. In a medium saucepan cook onion in hot oil until tender but not brown. Add chopped zucchini; cook 1 minute more. Stir in flour, basil, and pepper. Add milk all at once. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 1 minute more. Gradually add zucchini mixture to the egg product or egg. Stir in Parmesan cheese. Spoon mixture into zucchini shells; place in a 2-quart baking dish.

3. Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree F. oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until filling is lightly browned. Makes 4 side-dish servings.

4. Make-Ahead Tip: Prepare and fill zucchini; cover and chill up to 24 hours. Bake as above except bake 30 to 35 minutes.

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne