Cappuccino Kahlua Cheesecake

15 years 9 months ago #19958 by momof4
Replied by momof4 on topic Cappuccino Kahlua Cheesecake
Charlotte,

That looks amazing...recipe going in the file...I wish I had the energy to make it today...

Karen

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #19952 by timb
Replied by timb on topic Cappuccino Kahlua Cheesecake
that looks outrageous!

15 years 9 months ago #19948 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Cappuccino Kahlua Cheesecake
Hot Dog!! Thanks, Webs!!
Ro

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

15 years 9 months ago #19947 by Webs
Cappuccino Kahlua Cheesecake was created by Webs
This might seem hard and a lot of steps, but it is so worth it. It's not as hard as it looks.

Crust: 6 ounces plain chocolate cookies
pinch salt
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 cup unsalted butter,melted
Mix cookies, salt, and cinnamon in food processor until finally ground. Add melted butter, process thoroughly mixed. Press into bottom of 9-inch cheesecake pan. Chill in freezer while mixing remainder of cake.

Filling: 2 1/2 pounds of cream cheese at room temperature
1/4 cup heavy cream 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate
2 tsp. vanilla 1/4 cup strong coffee
1 cup sugar 1/4 cup Kahlua
5 large eggs
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut cream cheese into cubes and place in food processor with metal blade. Process until mostly broken up. Add cream and vanilla. Process. Add sugar and process. Add eggs and process. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and process until smooth. Measure 3 1/2 cups of batter out into another container and set aside. Combine hot coffee and chocolate and stir till chocolate is melted. Add chocolate mixture and Kahlua to the batter left in the processor. Process till color is uniform. Pour chocolate batter into pan. Bake until sides are set but center is still liquid, about 40 minutes. Remove pan from oven, reduce heat to 310 degrees. Carefully and slowly pour reserved batter around inside edge of pan, pouring only over cake that has set; allow batter to flow to the center. Don't worry it will all fit. Return pan to the oven for about 35 minutes. Cool and chill 8 hours before glazing.

Glaze: 6 ounces semi sweet chocolate
1/4 cup butter
2 tbsp. brandy or rum (I use rum)
2 tbsp. water
1/2 cup powdered sugar
Melt together chocolate, butter,rum, and water; stir till smooth. Sieve powdered sugar into chocolate and whip until smooth. Spread over chilled cake.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne