Happy Birthday Rosebud!

15 years 9 months ago #19841 by Melodie
Replied by Melodie on topic Happy Birthday Rosebud!
My dear Rosebud thanks all of you for the well wishes, esp. Hal. I'm not quite sure how or why, all I know is that I just fell in love with Rosebud from the first moment I saw her. I would call that divine intervention because prior to that time, I was absolutely terrified of the idea of a stoma and how it would look. It just goes to show how God works in strange ways. Hugs, Melodie

Melodie, Indy Pouch, U.W.Medical Center, Seattle, Dr. Paul H. Lange & Jonathan L. Wright

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #19798 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Happy Birthday Rosebud!
Well...its a well known fact that i was here long before Rosebud...5 3/4 yrs to be exact. I guess i wasn't quite as compliant as Rosebud as my owner certainly did her share of cursing at me and feeding me hot fudge sundaes..but i showed her...a little projectile mucus really got her going one night..hehehe....but i must admit over the years we've become friends and i even have a taste for that Hot Fudge stuff now. I do like to keep her on her toes however.....a little dribble here and there....i still don't like beer.
But i am a penpal with Rosebud...who needs eharmony.com? She's pretty cute.
Happy Birthday Rosebud........
XXXoOO HAL

15 years 9 months ago #19790 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic Happy Birthday Rosebud!
Melodie,

Congrat's, Rosebud is the first stoma I knew who had her own name..
Glad you and Rosebud are well!!!!
Ginger
(Gene hasn't named his yet)

15 years 9 months ago #19787 by mznoregrets
Replied by mznoregrets on topic Happy Birthday Rosebud!
Melodie and Rosebud,

Happy Birthday to you Happy Birthday to you Happy Birthday to you !!!!

It is so good to hear you are doing so well! I follow your posts and even though I don't always post back, I always hope and pray you have continued great health!
Have a party! I'll be there in spirit! God Bless, Love Holly

15 years 9 months ago #19785 by Melodie
Happy Birthday Rosebud! was created by Melodie
Hi All,

This time last year I was in surgery for my RC. What a blessing it is to be here one year later, feeling well enough and strong enough, to live a relatively normal life. I thank God He guided me to all the right people to deliver me from cancer, and to help me on my journey to recovery. I had an outstanding medical team....professional but compassionate...and I had the support of family & friends and all the coaching and support from individuals here on the web, thanks for all your kind words....esp. Pat, Holly and Wendy. It was a tough year for me but one of great learning, much emotion and awesome healing, both in a physical and spirital way. I wouldn't undue it if I could. Hugs to each and every one of you. God Bless. Melodie

Melodie, Indy Pouch, U.W.Medical Center, Seattle, Dr. Paul H. Lange & Jonathan L. Wright

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne