Make Some Extra Money, Clean out the house

15 years 10 months ago #19096 by pemquid
Replied by pemquid on topic Make Some Extra Money, Clean out the house
People in my family have also used craigslist pretty extensively for housing -- finding rentals, looking for real estate, etc. Help wanted ads are sometimes very good leads. It even has discussion sections on various topics. Here in Maine, we have a great little publication called "Uncle Henry's," which is now online as well as in print. It comes out once week in print, and is cram full of all kinds of stuff to sell and trade, including even farm animals and such. I once managed to get rid of an old one-horse sleigh that a renter had left in the garage at my parents' cottage, and never retrieved, by advertising it on both craigslist and Uncle Henry's.

I do think you can sometimes make more money by going online than by doing a yard sale, and you don't have to put up with the bother of standing around in the hot sun,haggling, dealing with unwanted "early birds," etc.

Small TA Grade 1, May-06; recur (2 tiny), same, June-08; TURBTs both times. BCG begun July-08, dosage to 1/3rd May-10, completed treatment December-11. All clear since 2008.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #19095 by Mel09
Replied by Mel09 on topic Make Some Extra Money, Clean out the house
I have also used Craigs List. It is great! Just a tip....check your spam box for replies because for some reason they are sent there a lot of the time and you don't want to miss out!

15 years 10 months ago - 15 years 10 months ago #19093 by momof4
I know that alot of us are dealing with loss of income, and medical bills, and we are all feeling the crunch of the economy,

If cash flow is a big issue...Here's an idea...I have been cleaning out closets, and the garage...there is a great website called craigslist.com You can post what you have for sale or post for a yard sale, all for free. I have made a significant amount of money in a very short time for things I haven't used in years...

Now the closets are clean, the garage looks great, and I have extra cash!!

Give it a try...

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne