Calling all forum friends

15 years 10 months ago #19154 by Leigh
Replied by Leigh on topic Calling all forum friends
Great to hear from you all....

It warms my heart to have you all as my forum friends and great to know when we reach out are calls are answered. It was really quiet this past week on the forum and I missed the connection.

Ginger thanks for the compliment about my picture ...blush blush... the prayer and support chain you posted for Zach and Heidi is very special and a wonderful idea...you really are a kind hearted lady.

For those having difficult times at the moment I send warm positive thoughts to you all.

We have a truley wonderful network of people here at the forum which really has been my second home since my diagnosis.

Wishing health and quality for all and lots of hands to guide us in times of need...

Leigh

Leigh, 39
Dx July 2007
TURBT July 2007
RC/Neobladder ,Studer Pouch, September 2007
Erasmus Centrum Rotterdam
TNM Classification: pT4 N2 Mo
4 cycles aduvant chemo Gemzar & Cisplatinum

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #19150 by PeterK
Replied by PeterK on topic Calling all forum friends
Hello Leigh,

Good to hear from you. I am doing well, feeling good, trying to have a normal life. Much more active since diagnosed, don't know how many floors I have passed or will pass before I hit the sidewalk. So far, so good as I am clean (at six month check up) and still running between the rain drops. I go in for annual check-up in November. Isn't life grand, having a life threatening disease makes you relish life some much more. Stay healthy.

Regards,

Peter Konomos

15 years 10 months ago #19145 by Julie
Replied by Julie on topic Calling all forum friends
Thanks for asking Leigh. We have had more downs than ups recently. I hope now that the Radiation Tx are complete Dick will start to feel better. He has no appetite and still quite a bit of pain. I gauge how well he is doing by what he need to navigate the Cancer Center: on good days it is his walking stick, feeling a little worse he uses the walker, when he is weak and fatigued its a wheel chair. Last week was the wheel chair yesterday the walker. Julie

Volunteer Coordinator
ABLSC

15 years 10 months ago #19115 by Flamenco.
Replied by Flamenco. on topic Calling all forum friends
Hi Joe,
Thanks for your offer of help with PC problems. I have to smile sometimes even when I read the most basic instructions to follow, I think I must just have a mental block somewhere. But I am real good with lots of other things that other people find difficult, so I don·t get too hung up about it !
Your friend Flamenco

15 years 10 months ago #19114 by momof4
Replied by momof4 on topic Calling all forum friends
Holly,

So good to hear from you...I knew you were fine...I am glad your son is home, and that you are enjoying your family...Have a great trip!

Love & Prayers,
Karen

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

15 years 10 months ago #19112 by mznoregrets
Replied by mznoregrets on topic Calling all forum friends
Hi all,

I haven't meant to go awaol lol Just been busy it seems...

My son has moved back home for numerous reasons - finish school, spend sometime with me while things are good and to help out. Plus my hubbys kids are here for a week - we are leaving for Door Co today. We had a family reunion on my Moms side of the family over the 4th of July. etc etc etc :)

I have not heard anything from Susan and I have left an email and a voice mail. I hope there is good news on the way.

I feel ok as long as I get enough pain meds - oxycontin and lortabs help. I will be getting more tests and scans in the coming weeks so I hope to get some good news and treatment soon. My heart is with everyone here and in my prayers everyday, God Bless, Love Holly

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne