Has anyone else seen this article on webmd?

15 years 10 months ago #18467 by fearandfight
Replied by fearandfight on topic Has anyone else seen this article on webmd?
I understand Clara my MIL had Colon Cancer and she would never go to the Dr's not even for the female things her whole life. I was just a trucker and my wife a nurse and I said why doesn't your Mom go to the Dr's and she said that's just the way she is. Now you know she had some symptoms but still no Dr. Then the cancer spread to her liver a 2cm tumor. She was given about 2-3 months and she denied chemo. At that point I don't blame her but the sad part is if she only went to the Dr's she most definitely would still be here with us today that is the sad part we all miss her deeply. Joe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #18453 by Clara
Oh, I know that chemo has saved many lives but it just puts another question out there whether you should do it or not. There are so many different situations. One of my Sisters and a Niece both had some chemo that probably did save their lives. When the cancer is stage IV and metasized though and if it is just to buy a week/month or two is it worth it?
We asked ourselves if we were just buying time for Bob after our last visit but then I called the Dr.'s office and was told they were afraid that if he did not have chemo to try to shrink the tumors, he might become paralyzed. So we bit the bullet while he was in the hospital last week. I am just hoping and praying he will be strong enough to get his treatment next week. He and I both are really trying to get him built up enough to go through it hoping that we can make many more memories.
Clara

Caretaker of husband, Bob.
Stage IV
Diagnosed Jan, 2007

15 years 10 months ago #18444 by fearandfight
Replied by fearandfight on topic Has anyone else seen this article on webmd?
That's a very interesting article Clara and I'm glad I got the chemo. I do know this cancer is capable of doing anything that's why I agreed with my surgeon to get the chemo before the surgery. If it is contained at that time he said then let's keep it that way my reason for the neoadjuvant chemo. Just because I took the chemo before the RC I am cancer free for now but I know I am never out of the woods but I feel better for doing it. I also took the quiz and got one wrong #3 is False cancer isn't hereditary. Joe

s17.photobucket.com/albums/b81/crazyhorse72/?action=view¤t=cancer.jpg

15 years 10 months ago #18436 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Has anyone else seen this article on webmd?
Good article...i'd find a clinical trial if i were stage IV if there is one for blc yet...aye there's the rub!.
I do know of one person with small cell lung cancer who went into the trial with Avastin and is now in remission..so that drug has been out there for a while but being used for other cancers.
Pat

15 years 10 months ago #18426 by Clara

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne