One week shy of a year from my operation and ...

15 years 11 months ago #18203 by marie
Dear Rick,
I'll be thinking about you in the aftermath of the gall stones. You are a big inspiration to me.
Take good care,
Marie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 11 months ago #18191 by Rockyiss
Hi Rick , I am glad to hear you are doing ok. I had my gallbladder outin 96 by the scope and it took me 6 weeks to get over it. (I had lyme disease at the same time)
I would still get the pain like I was having a gallbladder attack once in a while. Bad attacks sometimes!! In 2004 they finally did an ercp and found out I had a bile duct almost completly closed, it would go into spasms and close the rest of the way and I would get really sick with ALOT of pain! Took them 3 tries but finally got it opened, then for a year I would get spasms all the time and get sick. They gave me meds to help and it finally calmed down. Now just once in a blue moon it will act up.
Sooo if you ever think you are having a gallbladder attack again remember the bile ducts and get them checked. Rocky
p.s. congrats on the 1 year anniversery you seem to be doing really well.

15 years 11 months ago #18184 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic One week shy of a year from my operation and ...
Rick,

WOW,,, sorry to hear that, I know from Pat its not fun at all.GEEEEEZZZZ,,
What a fathers day gift , 4 gall stones,,, take care and hope your feeling good again soon,,,,,Ginger

15 years 11 months ago #18173 by Patricia
OH Wow...i know that pain Rah...it does feel like a heart attack. I don't have the stones but i have a feisty gallbladder that goes into spasms whenever i eat anything fatty or sometimes because it just feels like it!...I'm glad they found the problem and you are up and about. I've been afraid to have the surgery as i figure they'll take out my Indiana Pouch instead of my gallbladder.. Pat

15 years 11 months ago #18172 by flamenco
Wow, that was a shock eh. Glad they got you sorted out, and you must still celebrate your 1st anniversary.!!
Best wishes Flamenco

15 years 11 months ago #18168 by RAH
Father's day was a week shy of my year anniversary of my bladder operation.
At 6:30 PM Sunday, I started having stomach pain that went to my back and then to my chest. At 9:00 PM my pain was so bad that my wife drove me to the emergency room.
By 10:00 they ruled out heart problems. At 2:00AM they did an ultra sound and saw 4 gall stones.
I was hospitalized and had my gallbladder out on Tuesday. I came home from the hospital Thursday. Today I am up and about with very little pain or discomfort. What a difference a surgery makes. I will be back to work less then a week after surgery rather then the 6 weeks after bladder removal and diversion.

Rick

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne