New experience for me!!! C-DIF

15 years 10 months ago #18133 by Leigh
Replied by Leigh on topic New experience for me!!! C-DIF
Hello Ginger,

I am so sorry to hear you have not been well....

I really hope you are getting back on your feet again..

Best Wishes
Leigh

Leigh, 39
Dx July 2007
TURBT July 2007
RC/Neobladder ,Studer Pouch, September 2007
Erasmus Centrum Rotterdam
TNM Classification: pT4 N2 Mo
4 cycles aduvant chemo Gemzar & Cisplatinum

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #18128 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic New experience for me!!! C-DIF
Julie, As if I wasn't sick enough the flagyl made me sick too, but I had to take it. It worked for me but for some they have to try Vancomycin and have to be on it a few times before any relief starts to happen..I CAN'T TELL YOU HAVE NASTY IT IS,,IT IS SCARY ISN'T IT,, FROM A SINUS INFECTION TO C-DIF IN 4 DAYS,,,I should have taken something over the counter,,,I will next time!!! Then my 12 year old grand daughter got it and she wasn't even around me, she had been on a antibiotic as well, hers wasn't a bad case, she continued to play ball etc, she was a bit nauseated, and she had blood in her stool, 12 years old,,,
I felt so bad ,,,but she is good now!!! Our family is so into the hand washing thing, my daughter-in-law is a RN, and she is repeating and repeating how it is so necessary to wash and not drink from others cups!!!!! Ginger

15 years 10 months ago #18108 by Julie
Replied by Julie on topic New experience for me!!! C-DIF
I heard that C-dificile is very nasty stuff. I was scared that I might contract it after my colon surgery as the had me on Cipro and Flagyl to kill any intestinal flora. After that the bad bacteria can get an easy foothold. I ate yogurt every day to help restore the bacteria to my digestive system.
The Cipro and Flagyl made me feel ill also. I started to feel better as soon as I got off them.

Volunteer Coordinator
ABLSC

15 years 10 months ago #18105 by Rockyiss
Replied by Rockyiss on topic New experience for me!!! C-DIF
Hi Ginger, I hope you feel better soon. My sister took a an antibiotic and ended up with hives for the last five years. Everytime her skin gets a chill she breaks out,if she eats something cold her mouth swells up and her throat starts to swell shut . So far drinking something warm makes it ease off. If she walks across the bare cool floor her feet swell up .She can pull her long sleeve up in cool air and the hives pop right up! And all this because she took an antibiotic! She can no longer ski and has to keep a shot with her in case it gets out of control.
I hope yours gets done with soon and doesn't come back. What a way to lose weight ! love from Rocky

15 years 10 months ago #18096 by mznoregrets
Replied by mznoregrets on topic New experience for me!!! C-DIF
Hi Gene,

So sorry to hear about your intro to c-diff - I had it 3 week post RC and thought I was dying. Then I had it again a few weeks later and was wishing I would die. Yes - I am terrified of antibiotics since - glad you made it thru! Holly

15 years 10 months ago #18088 by Gene Beane
New experience for me!!! C-DIF was created by Gene Beane
Well in March I had a new experience, I wasn't going to share it as its not about bladder cancer but still I feel a need to let my freinds here know what happened.
We were 10 days from going away on vacation, I had a sinus thing going on, so I went to my doctor and he put me on OMNICEF. 4 DAYS LATER i HAD EXTREME DIAREAH, CRAMPS, NAUSEA AND CHILLS. I went off the omnicef, it was Friday, Saturday Gene took me to the ER, THEY TOOK 7 VILES OF BLOOD, AND A STOOL SAMPLE. Monday the results were C-DIF, I WAS HORRIFIED, my father got this in the hospital but low and behold it can be had from an antibiotic. I was sick as a dog for 6 days, lost 10 pounds and went on FLAGYL..it made me nauseous as well. I was a lucky one as it worked for me,the flagyl, but now I must be very careful about going on an antibiotic again, as it can repeat itself... C-Dif for those who haven't heard of it is a nasty infection in the intestines and colon,,and I mean NASTY...now I am in another support group, for C-DIF,,,so anyway my point is you can get C-DIF, and not from being in the hospital, by the way , I never stayed in the hospital I went home, had to clean everything with clorox as its very catchy...IT WAS A TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!!!!CAREGIVER TAKES A DIVE!!!! Ginger

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne