Taking a Break

16 years 3 days ago #16726 by momof4
Replied by momof4 on topic Taking a Break
Warren,

You sure have a full plate, and a mixed bag of Wonderful events, and difficult ones as well. I hope that all of the wonderful things such as Birthdays, Engagements & Weddings, and baking your amazing cookies take up more of your time than the less enjoyable, yet necessary other issues. Remember that you can't do it all alone...take and ask for any help that is available...You will just be stronger for it. You aren't really leaving...I will think of it more as a sabbatical...which is
comepletely understandable in your circumstances. You are an asset to the forum... and I look forward to the time when your life slows down a bit, and you will be right back with us...until then...enjoy yourself...and Happy Birthday!!

((Hugs))
Karen

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 3 days ago #16725 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Taking a Break
Gosh Warren, I will miss you. You have been a great friend here and I have always read your posts with the most sincere gratitude for your knowledge. Thank you for giving us some guideposts along the way. It does sound like your plate is very full, however.

Thanks for not cutting us off completely and please remember that we are here for you also, if you ever need us in the future.

You have a friend here at the Bladder Cancer Forum.

Take good care of yourself, until we talk again.

Best,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

16 years 4 days ago #16724 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Taking a Break
Warren you will be sorely missed. Life does seem to be a mixed bag of celebration and sorrow. I wish you all good things and thank you for being an invaluable contributor to this forum. Pat

16 years 4 days ago #16723 by wsilberstein
Taking a Break was created by wsilberstein
Hi All,
I think it's time for me to take a little break from the forum.
Life is complicated - sometimes sweet, sometimes awful - and either way can take an enormous amout of your energy. My baby daughter is engaged to be married next February - there's lots to be done. My twin and I are celebrating our 60th birthday in July and combining that into a big bash including my other daughter's 30th birthday, and his grand daughter's first birthday. I have lots of cookies to bake. And then back to the engagement - there's a party for that this summer.
Meanwhile, my wife's mother died after a long battle with metastatic breast cancer on my son's 34th birthday while he was visiting us to celebrate. At least we all got to say good-bye. I wish I could say that my wife enjoyed a close loving relationship with her mother and a friendship as adults like I had with my mother, but it wasn't so - and that makes the healing so much more difficult. Meanwhile, I have been left dealing with my step-father-in-law's affairs because he is old, disabled, and has early dementia, and because my mother-in-law successfully alientated his own family from him.
I look at the messages on the board to see if anyone would benefit from my input, and while I see lots of people providing the wonderful support you all provide for each other, I find my mind is elsewhere and I have little to offer.
Should anyone want to talk to me or think someone needs my input, you can PM me and I will get the e-mail calling me to action. After all - I'm not going anywhere. I'm doing OK, but I need a little break.

-Warren
TaG3 + CIS 12/2000. TURB + Mitomycin C (No BCG)
Urethral stricture, urethroplasty 10/2009
CIS 11/2010 treated with BCG. CIS 5/2012 treated with BCG/interferon
T1G3 1/2013. Radical Cystectomy 3/5/2013, No invasive cancer. CIS in right ureter.
Incontinent. AUS implant 2/2014. AUS explant 5/2014
Pediatrician

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne