Life after BC - Melodie celebrates!

16 years 2 weeks ago #16209 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic Life after BC - Melodie celebrates!
Melodie,

Yes, don't abandon us, we all look forward to any input you may have.
Everyone has a different story, or a different method of getting thru this. Going to back work full time now, congrats!!! and its quite a drive right?? Good for you, press on Melodie,,,and have fun!!!!! Ginger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 3 weeks ago #16178 by Maria
Replied by Maria on topic Life after BC - Melodie celebrates!
Hi Melodie, you are doing just fine and you are a great inspiration to us by the way you have dealt with your cancer. Your attitude and determination is much to be admired. Looking forward to your 2 month report.
Maria xx

16 years 3 weeks ago #16136 by fearandfight
Replied by fearandfight on topic Life after BC - Melodie celebrates!
That's super Melodie I am 9 months post op and I honestly know I could not hold a full time job at this time. I was a trucker and I been out on disabilty for quite some time due to other medical problems that started when I was 45. So I wasn't physically in the best of shape when I had my RC. Back in 9/06 I had my left hip replaced and had to learn to walk all over again and I was doing well and starting to feel better. Then I was discharged from my Ortho 12/5/06. This is when my first symptoms of hematuria started I just knew something bad was going on you know how you get that vibe. Anyways I was dx 1/18/07 with 2 inch bladder tumor. I'm coming along and as of now I am cancer free, so my hat is off to you for your great effort being back to work. Congrats, Joe ;)

16 years 3 weeks ago #16128 by flamenco
Replied by flamenco on topic Life after BC - Melodie celebrates!
hi Melodie,
Enhorabuena !!! congatulations. Another milestone passed on the road to recovery ! You are an example to many of us .
all the best, Flamenco

16 years 3 weeks ago #16122 by Melodie
Life after BC - Melodie celebrates! was created by Melodie
Hi All,
Today marks one full month that I have been back at work, full time, which for me is a 40 hour work week...I have a 50 mile commute each way, the first 20 on unlit country back roads...I get up at 3:30, get dressed, take care of my dear Rosebud (stoma) etc. kiss my spouse goodbye, and leave to meet my vanpool at 5:15, arrive at my desk by 6:15, leave my office at 2:45, meet my van again at 3:00, to arrive back at my car by 4 p.m...then I am home again by 4:45 if I don't run any errands. My spouse thought I had to be 100% to make this return to work...well, I surprised him, I wasn't and still am not 100% but I'm doin' it. So he is rather amazed each day when Rosebud and I bid him farewell...I think he misses having me around but that's OK...he can do some housework during my absence.

Anyway, I hope to stay attached to this forum as it moves forward to being new and improved. Hope to stay in touch with as many of you as I can. Rick, how, about meeting again at Tully's one of these days soon, or in the 81 cafeteria for lunch.
Take care...hugs to all. :) Melodie

Melodie, Indy Pouch, U.W.Medical Center, Seattle, Dr. Paul H. Lange & Jonathan L. Wright

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne