Springtime in my Town

16 years 1 week ago #16720 by Rockyiss
Replied by Rockyiss on topic Springtime in my Town
Hi Rosemary, Just going thru stuff cause I havn't been on for awhile and what should pop up but a picture with snapdragons in it ! I love snapdragons ,they are so easy to take care of. I also enjoy looking at your pictures because you have a good eye for picking out good sujects . Now that I can get on again I will be able to check out more of your pictures. If I can get my daughter to show me how to post pictures I will put some on too.
Have a good day, Rocky

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 2 weeks ago #16417 by Melodie
Replied by Melodie on topic Springtime in my Town
Rosemary,

Thanks for sharing the photos. Although I've spent the last 25 years in the Seattle area, I'm from VA (the Chesapeake Bay area) and almost all my relatives are in VA or in NC (Washington/Bayboro area)...anyway, I'm just a southern at heart so your photos make me homesick. How I miss the friendliness and ease of conversation that frequents the south, not to mention the gardinias, the lightening bugs, the thunder storms, etc. Melodie

Melodie, Indy Pouch, U.W.Medical Center, Seattle, Dr. Paul H. Lange & Jonathan L. Wright

16 years 3 weeks ago #16342 by cas
Replied by cas on topic Springtime in my Town
Rosemary,

Beautiful pictures. North Carolina is lovely. I'm in Virginia so I know how pretty North Carolina is. My parents have a little house in Perquimons County, across the street is the Albemarle Sound and behind them fields with an old Plantation home. They go down about twice a month and love the peace and quiet.

Claudia

16 years 1 month ago #15923 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic Springtime in my Town
Well, we are in luck, we have had sun for 3 days now in Cleveland, my trees are ALMOST ready to bloom. My cherry tree has pink blossoms, ALMOST, maybe tomorrow.
The grass is green and ALMOST ready to mow. A mallard duck is swimming on the pool cover, I guess he wants the cover off. Yes , Cincinnati and Columbus are far ahead of us.. and the birds are making lots of noise so I am thinking its all very promising... Ginger

16 years 1 month ago #15901 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Springtime in my Town
Gosh, do I envy those of you who are experiencing "spring". We woke up to two inches of snow this morning!! I guess "Spring" is relative to where you live; Cleveland, North Dakota, North Carolina, Washington, California, etc. But I gotta tell you, "I'm getting tired of thinking of Spring as only a concept!" ;D

Once again, Rosemary, your photos are beautiful. You live in a special place.

Pat, our cherry tree is weeping, too - weeping because we have no spring! And our crab trees are really crabbie. >:(

Gordon

age 70
Dx 10/03
neobladder 9/4/04

16 years 1 month ago #15880 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Springtime in my Town
When does the sun come out in Cleveland?? 8) I swear i never saw it once while i was there.
My weeping cherry are in full bloom, as is my tulip tree, and plum tree, and pear tree...my crabapple just starting....daffidils are done....but i just planted 3 double everflowering rose bushes in red and pink. I've actually bought dozens of geraniums and still in the pots but out on the deck(i'll bring them in if it does what it did last year and drop to a freeze in late April).....It is pretty....
Pat

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne