Wellness Centers

16 years 1 month ago #15883 by mssmr
Replied by mssmr on topic Wellness Centers
Holly -- The thing I liked best was my weekly two-hour support group, facilitated by a fine social worker. I also liked the beautiful, serene decor and enviroment --Rippling stream out the window, etc.)The thing I liked least was that the other programming didn't work for me due to schedule issues. I was without a car and living about 30 minutes from the place, so I'd have liked a program just before or after my TH suppoprt group but that never worked out. I hope this helps -- Susan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 1 month ago #15748 by mznoregrets
Replied by mznoregrets on topic Wellness Centers
Hi Susan,

Sure wish you were feeling better - be persistent and advocate for you :)

And yes - the Wellness Centers I have been learning about offer many services for survivors and caregivers and family members. Our city is 150,000 + and we only have a once monthly support group at 2 of the hospitals....morte like a speaker lol.
So we are getting it going here. I travel an hout away to a wellness center and volunteer some.
Was it helpful for you? What did you like best about it? And liked least?
I am just open to hear your take on it!
Take care and God Bless , Holly
PSThank you for the link :)

16 years 1 month ago #15716 by mssmr
Replied by mssmr on topic Wellness Centers
Holly -- When I was in the Boston, MA area, I used to go to programs and a support group at "The Wellness Community" (TWC). There are a number of them in the US. Is that different from what you are looking for? The programs, library use, counseling and support groups are without change to cancer survivors and caregivers. This TWC even paid for the taxi to get there from the center of the village (that was so nice). I can get you more info if you are interested -- my best to you, Susan

16 years 1 month ago #15677 by mznoregrets
Wellness Centers was created by mznoregrets
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone on the forum (survivor or caregiver) has access to a "Wellness center"? The ones I hear of have regular support groups, message, volunteers to help with finding resources, etc. Our city does not have one....yet. I have been getting involved with helping in the embryonic stages to get one going here and flat out am curious if any of the forum has one in their areas.

Thanks, Holly

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne