Skin Tags - Any home remedies that are Ouchless ?

16 years 1 month ago #15274 by Melodie
Thanks for sharing your method; tried that last night on my spouse but I think the thread must have come off during the night because I couldn't see it this a.m....perhaps I didn't make t tight enough. I will try again. Thanks again.
Melodie

Melodie, Indy Pouch, U.W.Medical Center, Seattle, Dr. Paul H. Lange & Jonathan L. Wright

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 1 month ago #15273 by Bawa
Flamenco, I 'treated' a skin tag on my throat using the same method. It worked very well. No pain or discomfort. It was a bit awkward to tie due to its location. My eye's almost went squint from staring into the bathroom mirror. It was worth the effort though. I decided it needed to go, when it became snagged while zipping up my fleece.

16 years 1 month ago #15253 by flamenco
Hi Melodie,
Only had one so far but I got rid of it - tied a piece of cotton tight round the base , knotted it, snipped the ends off. about 24 hrs later it just kind of dried out and I pulled the end of the thread and it came away. Painless. And so far it didn·t come back - like tying off an umbilical cord I suppose. Don·t know if it was the right thing to do, maybe you ought to ask a doctor before doing it, but it worked for me.
Cheers Flamenco
P,s. if only everything was so simple !!!!

16 years 1 month ago #15247 by Melodie
Hi all,

Considering that many on the forum are over 40, thought I would ask this question...does anyone have some good method of getting rid of those annoying little skin tags that many of us get over age 40? I've had a couple in the past but it seems that after surgery I ended up with some on the lower chest area. I really don't like the idea of having them snipped or burned off...any ouchless ideas out there. My spouse has several larger ones that he wants to get rid of as his are irritated by his clothing and he won't go to a doctor. What to do? I have checked the internet and my spouse actually tired some herbal product but so far it hasn't done much after two weeks of use, and boy, does it smell to high heaven. I see there are other products but just wondering if anyone has tired anything out there on the market that works. Thanks much. Melodie

Melodie, Indy Pouch, U.W.Medical Center, Seattle, Dr. Paul H. Lange & Jonathan L. Wright

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne