Hollys father passed

16 years 2 months ago #14575 by Clara
Replied by Clara on topic Hollys father passed
Holly,

I am so sorry to hear about your Father.

After my Father passed away a friend of mine told me something that I have always remembered and found it to be so true. She said that there would be times that just some little something might make me think of him...those words have been very true for me.

Please take good care of yourself through all of this.
Love and prayers,
Clara

Caretaker of husband, Bob.
Stage IV
Diagnosed Jan, 2007

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 2 months ago #14569 by daisy bear 16
Replied by daisy bear 16 on topic Hollys father passed
holly

So glad to hear from you :)!!!! Please keep me posted with your doctors apointment monday. I will be starting my 3 round of the trial tuesday, and also I will get results of cat scan and and ultra sound. It will be a very emotional day.

my thoughts will be with you monday.

daisy bear

16 years 2 months ago #14566 by mznoregrets
Replied by mznoregrets on topic Hollys father passed
Hi Daisy!

I cannot tell you how glad I am to hear from you! You are constantly in my thoughts and prayers. Last posts I saw from you were about trying new chemo's - was really hoping you were getting some good response. I surely hope this new one does the trick!
As for me, I am getting treated at Nortwestern Hosp in Chicago now. Just met the oncologist and radiation Drs - been getting treated by the oncourolgist there too.Right now they all agree that my Dec MRIs show metastatic spread to the hip(saccral). Recent films are inconclusive but they know there is activity there. Have learned I am borderline diabetic and have kidney disease. Not sure what will happen next but I will be back at Drs Monday.
Please stay in touch, God Bless, Holly

16 years 2 months ago #14565 by daisy bear 16
Replied by daisy bear 16 on topic Hollys father passed
holly

I think we have talk before on the cancer compass site?? I know we have a lot in common with urachal cancer. Anyways just wanted to see how you are doing.I have read some of your recent post and seen you are looking for a clinical study? I alot has happened to me this last year with me not being able to have my bladder removed they have given me every chemo this last year with no luck at keeping the cancer at bay. I started a phase one clinial trial with the drugs capecitabine and AZD2171, but doctors don't expected a lot from these trials. Maybe I could prove them wrong and it will work and we could have a cure for urachal cancer. hope to hear from you soon. Daisy bear

16 years 2 months ago #14540 by Julie
Replied by Julie on topic Hollys father passed
My sympathies for your loss Holly. It is hard at any age to lose your Father. How nice you were able to be there to hold his hand. Julie

Volunteer Coordinator
ABLSC

16 years 2 months ago #14533 by mznoregrets
Replied by mznoregrets on topic Hollys father passed
Hi and thank you for all the care and prayers,

My dad was 75 and had his 1st heart attack almost 20 years ago so us kids realized "it" could happen at any time. I just nevr expected it to be this way at all. Again, I do think it feels sureal - at the moment. Again thank you and I hope to be "back" to the forum soon. God Bless, Holly

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne