some photos taken in Maryland and Eastern Shore

16 years 5 months ago #11272 by ddoyle
Sandra,

My sister lives in Havre de Grace and we were visiting her. Back in the early and mid sixties when I was in the Navy I had been stationed at Bainbridge, a Naval Training Center on the Eastern Shore near Port Deposit, so the area brings back many memories for me.
David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 5 months ago #11251 by Sandra
Hi David: Having lived in Wilmington DE for quite some time I can say that Havre de Grace is one of my husband's and my favorite places. Your photos are wonderful and makes me want to go for another visit, soon.
Sandra

Sandra
"Grandmothers are just antique little girls...."

16 years 5 months ago #11228 by Gordon
David,

Great photos. I especially like the stone church door shot ( I'm assuming it's a church :)). I've done a bit of stone work and really appreciate the random, but yet not, look of the stones. That building involved a lot of work - a pride of workmanship that we seem to have lost. We have a bit of that sort of cut stone brick building on the western side of our United States but not nearly as much as you on the Eastern side have. There are a lot of beautiful places in this great country of ours - a sense of the unique to each place.

Thanks for sharing,

Gordon

age 70
Dx 10/03
neobladder 9/4/04

16 years 5 months ago #11226 by Rosemary
David,

These are gorgeous. I'm not sure which one I like best, but I think it's the sailboat. I like the graveyard photo, too, because I am an old cemetery junkie!!

Thanks very much for sharing these. I really love them.

Buds,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

16 years 5 months ago #11224 by ddoyle
here are some nature still life photos I took in the vicinity of Havre de Grace Maryland and on the Eastern Shore of Maryland during the last week of October...

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne