Sitting on the toilet to drain an Indiana Pouch

13 years 7 months ago #33954 by Sassy
Mike,

If you decide to test it how with the skirt and pantyhose, take a picture it could be a real show stopper! :laugh: :woohoo:

Sylvia L. Ramsey

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 7 months ago #33951 by mmc
Sylvia,

My thought was to prepare the extension at home and then put it in a little plastic baggie or something so it's ready to go if you need it.

My insurance doesn't cover catheters so I use mine for a week and wash them up after each use being very careful not to touch the insides of the sink. It might be a little trickier to wash with the extension hose on it but it may be worth a try. If your insurance covers the catheters, then you could just make up a few to carry in your purse or something and then toss them after use.

Skirts and nylons??? Well, I'm a pretty secure guy and all but I'm still not going to test out ideas with skirts and nylons! :D

That would probably be the times that if somebody looked at me funny I'd look right back and say "Yeah, and if you lose your bladder to bladder cancer you'd be able to stand and go to! See how nice my skirt looks since I don't have sit on that darn toilet?" :D

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

13 years 7 months ago #33950 by Patricia
One of the main reasons i chose an Indiana Pouch and navel stoma is so i would never have to deal with a crummy toilet.and with the stoma so accessible you only have to unbutton your pants and you're there. I suppose with a stoma lower on the abdomen it might be a juggling trick!?
Nylons? Do they still make them?
:silly: pat

13 years 7 months ago #33949 by Sassy
Mike,

That is a very creative idea. I have rigged up something for home. To do all that while in a public bathroom could be something else. At work it maybe a good solution if you can wear slacks that would probably work okay, but in my instance, I work where there is a dress code because it is a private college. All except on Fridays, it is skirts with nylons. Having to hook up extra equipment would be an issue. I have contacted a couple of the companies that make catheters to see if they could just make longer ones, but they think there aren't enough of us to bother. Maybe we all need to voice our needs more to some of the people who make these things.

Sylvia L. Ramsey

13 years 7 months ago #33899 by abeach
You are not only our mentor, you are our comedian! Thank you for a good laugh tonight. I needed it. Started a 3 round of BCG yesterday. It is much like labor-I had forgotten how uncomfortable it is.

13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #33798 by mmc
Melodie,

No engineering degree but I used to do a lot of engineering and invented some pretty cool manufacturing techniques for a company I used to work for.

Pat,

You crack me up! I was laughing my butt off when I read your post (almost choked)! :D

So I guess one response to a strange look could be to just lower your voice as deep as it go and ask "May I help you?". :D

For those it does bother, it might be worth a shot!

Anybody else notice that they are putting up with less crap from people now-a-days (or is it just me)?
:D

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne