If I read and remembered correctly, your husband's appointment is on the 17th. If so, just know that you and your husband will be in my thoughts and prayers. I am hoping you will beable to share good news with us that same day.
I will be looking forward to your post. Just know, no matter what news you may have, all of us will be here for you.
Was the tumor in the bladder dome? With the terminology on the path report - the focal glandular differentition - could mean as Wendy send, mixed or adenocarsinoma, but location may in the dome could also suggest urachal cancer (belly button cancer). Right now MD Anderson has a trial going on regarding this type od dx. They have posted criteria for eligibility on their website. Hope it helps.
From my understanding of urachal cancer, the cancer can metastisize without going thru the bladder wall as it grows in material external of the bladder. I was dx'd stage 3 grade 3 at time of RC/neobladder. The pathology after is what showed the urachal findings. I am doing 4 months of adjuvant chemo after the RC for micromets that are likely out there. If I wasn't being treated at Mayo's in MN....I would be opting for MD Anderson.
Hi Melodie - my husband has never smoked either, is 56, and other than colds and simple things like that, never been sick. I have to say he isn't taking this too well. Especially after getting the word he should have his bladder removed. He is the type to fix things when they are broke, and he can't fix this himself, making it very frustrating for him.
We still have hope that after further testing bladder removal won't be necessary. We have gotten an appt at MD Anderson for July 17 (Kamat), so until then we wait. It seems we do a lot of that. I am thankful to have found this website thanks to my sister in law who has been helping us research all this.
Any input others who have been through this can share would be helpful and appreciated. We appreciate the prayers too.