Forum

× Welcome click the New Topic button to post

Indiana or ideal conduit?Need fast feedback!

1 month 3 weeks ago #56018 by Anne1989
Thanks anne and Alan. Definitely wise advice. I'm not a doctor by any means, but I think having that mass does add additional complexity to an already complex situation. She really doesnt "want" to live with a pouch, but wants to live and she will accept and be happy if need be. I just didn't want her jipped out of any options. She also has the artificial heart valve that has to be guarded from infection at all times which makes me think that inserting a cath multiple times a day could pose a problem if it wasny a new one everytime which could be costly. There are all unknowns. And then her age
I guess I wanted to find someone out here that is or knows someone who was older with some other issues like my mom and were successful. So now she is getting a last min colonoscopy tom to evaluate her colon for would be indiana on wed. Allthough we are leaning against it, my mom still wants to do it because she hasn't had one since 2008 and this will be the last one.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 month 3 weeks ago #56017 by Alan
Adding to info overload one more time. With your Mom’s heart issue and unknown mass in the abdomen, if she prefers the pouch but once they get in there sometimes they have to change to another option. HOWEVER that means you want a really skilled and diverse surgeon. Hope I am not muddying up the decision.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 month 3 weeks ago #56016 by sara.anne
Just a word of caution, Anne. When a doctor says that he doesn’t recommend or do a particular procedure, I wouldn’t chose him to do one. From past experience (not with a bladder issue) I have found that when things do not work out the response is “I told you so” rather than work toward a solution. If an Indiana is desired, your mother needs to find someone who is 100% invested in the success of that diversion.

And, by the way, what IS your mother’s preference? She is the one who will be living with/dealing with the result and it is a very personal issue.

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 month 3 weeks ago #56015 by Alan
I have read somewhere it has been done BUT, that is lot of trauma and very rare. Plus that is a question better answered by the surgeon.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 month 3 weeks ago #56010 by Anne1989
Hello is possible to go from conduit to indiana?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: Cynthiaeddiek

Users

Total Online: 0 Users and 567 Guests 

Statistics

Total Messages: 50831 Total Sections: 1 Today Open: 0 Today Total Answer: 2
Total Subjects: 6513 Total Categories: 11 Yesterday Open: 3 Yesterday Total Answer: 9
Total Users: 7771 Latest User: Rev
Powered by Kunena Forum