All clear for 12 years now

8 months 2 weeks ago #61944 by Krish1983
Replied by Krish1983 on topic All clear for 12 years now
Happy for you. It provides inspiration to us :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 months 1 day ago #61928 by Clyde
Replied by Clyde on topic All clear for 12 years now
Great news and congrats! It's a good inspiration to read about these success stories.

9 months 1 week ago #61910 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic All clear for 12 years now
Glad all is well. Don't be a stranger!

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

9 months 2 weeks ago #61904 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic All clear for 12 years now
That is GREAT NEWS, Ann!  And it is wonderful to see an old friend visiting the Forum....

I am 15+ years out and my Uro still wants annual visits.  He says "forever."  I will comply.

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

9 months 2 weeks ago #61902 by DougG
Replied by DougG on topic All clear for 12 years now
So great to hear, Ann!!  
Anita and Doug

Anita
Forum Moderator
Caregiver

9 months 2 weeks ago #61900 by pemquid
All clear for 12 years now was created by pemquid
Haven't posted in a long time, but thought I would to give encouragement to those with non-invasive bladder cancer. I recently had my annual cystoscopy and remain all-clear since my last (and only) recurrence 12 years ago. Initial tumor was 14 years ago, followed by recurrence of same type (low grade papillary) two years later.  I had a full course of BCG, which at that time was 2.5 years. Part way through the treatment the BCG concentration was reduced because of side  effects.  Last year and this when I had the annual cystoscopy the urologist said I really didn't need annual check-ups any longer since I had been cancer-free for so long and that I could stop altogether. As an interim step, I'm going to go to a 2-year schedule, which he said a lot of others in my situation opt to do before stopping check-ups altogether. He noted that even if I did have a recurrence down the line, it was highly unlikely to be high grade.

Wishing all you other blc "warriors" well!

Ann

Small TA Grade 1, May-06; recur (2 tiny), same, June-08; TURBTs both times. BCG begun July-08, dosage to 1/3rd May-10, completed treatment December-11. All clear since 2008.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne