Metastatic Cancer in lymph nodes and Tumor in kidney

1 month 3 weeks ago #62146 by joea73
The Padcev with Keytruda was just approved by FDA in December, 2023, but the clinical trial had shown an excellent result such that 
55% reduction in the risk of progression compared with chemotherapy, which is somewhat unprecedented. But more importantly, the result also showed an over 50% reduction in the risk of death.   In terms of side effects, typical side effects by PADCEV and immunotherapy are expected but the hospital should be able address the side effects as the hospital should have sufficient knowledge in dealing with those side effects by dealing with PADCEV and KEYTRUDA independently.   You should be able get the information from the hospital or the oncologist.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 month 3 weeks ago #62143 by Fabiom
Hi, sorry to hear this concerning news, and wishing your mum well in any future treatment and recovery.

May i ask what was the sequence of events/symptom's, your mom had from the time she was well, after the BCG etc, up to the time that she found out about the metastasis to the lymph nodes/nearby tissue and the tumor in the kidney?

It would be good for all of us previous bladder cancer victims, to be informed on what and if it could happen to us too, and what would the signs be?

I also had bladder cancer 8 years ago, but have recently not felt well, and they are finding A-Typical cells in my urine cytology, but CT scan and cystoscopy does not find anything wrong.

Best Regards
Fabiom

5 months 3 weeks ago #62053 by SiaValis
Mom has been diagnosis with Stage 4 cancer and has a tumor in the kidney. I'm terrified and just want to hear of some success stories. Mom will start Pedcav and Keytruda. Anyone been on this combo? She was diagnosed few years ago at Stage 0 and was on BCG and it was clear for several years.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne