Waiting

5 months 3 weeks ago #62058 by Hrobi2972
Replied by Hrobi2972 on topic Waiting
Hello Neonfye,
I am relatively new to the forum and I rarely make posts.  I greatly appreciate this forum and our frequent posters.  I just reached my 1 year diagnosis anniversary in August.  Although everyone has a different story, I wanted to share the only symptom I experienced was blood in my urine - no pain or discomfort.  My ultrasound and CT scan confirmed a small mass in my bladder - still not pain or discomfort.  My cystoscopy procedure was not bad.  I was nervous but my urologist talked me through everything.  It was not painful or uncomfortable.  I had to remove my pants and underwear.  I was able to keep my socks on.  The nurse applied a numbing gel applied to the urethra.  The doctor inserted the small tube containing the camera into the urethra.  My urologist showed me the tumor on the computer screen.  I hope my experience helps to ease some of your anxiety associated with the cystosopy.

As Alan said, you are being diligent in seeking answers and advocating for your health.  This journey is literally one day/test/treatment at a time.  I wish you the best.  

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 months 3 weeks ago - 5 months 3 weeks ago #62057 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Waiting
Welcome neonfaye,

All are welcome here and you certainly are not violating any "rules". Yes, your symptoms are concerning. However, you have had several tests that rule out some things and you are attacking to find answers, so that is good. At the same time, you do want to find out why your symptoms are happening. Anything I would say is simply conjecture. The waiting IS the worst part. So many times, symptoms lead to benign diagnosis, false concerns, or causes that are never found. Simply said, you know nothing until you have more tests done. I would search for the best URO in your area and as you have posted, a cystoscope should be another exam. Please do keep posting as someone else may have better advice and we all learn from each other. Should results show cancer, remember that much of this is treatable and beatable.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

5 months 3 weeks ago #62056 by neonfaye
Waiting was created by neonfaye
Forgive me if I am violating any rules here, but I was hoping to speak to someone. I am not very familiar with forums either. I am currently waiting to see a urologist after having to be protactive about my own health. I have had orange or dark colored urine off and on for about two months. I started having pelvic and back pain. Two weeks ago, I started to urinate more frequently and just recently (last couple of days), I have had abdominal pain and sweating after urinating. I have been to the ER three times. Each time, their urine tests were negative for blood or bacteria. I don't have a UTI or infection. I have also have CT scans and ultrasounds done of my pelvic area, which showed no abnormalities. I'm very scared and don't know where to turn for comfort in facing the fear that I could have bladder cancer. I'm extremely afraid of my doctor's appointment, of the cystoscopy I will likely have to have. For the record, I am 34 and female. It's not my first cancer scare, but this one has definitely made more upset than the others because it is so unexpected.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne