Hi, I’m new to the forum. Some thoughts..

6 months 1 day ago #62040 by opaz_67
I’m a Brit living in France where I’m being treated for high-risk non-muscle invasive BC. I’m doing my best with the language but it’s a hard one to learn. I read about the detailed conversations some of you have with your urologists and realise that I don’t get any of that. Don’t get me wrong – I’m very grateful to the French for treating me at all but the only info I get about what’s happening to me is off the internet.
Like many of you here I’m having pretty bad side effects. I had no idea how common this was till I came to this forum. I feel bad for other people that are suffering but it’s reassuring to know that I’m not alone. I’m 15 BCGs into a course of 27. After the last one I necked some ibuprofen and paracetamol for a couple of days and just about manged to resist reaching for the tramadol. Now it’s just pain when peeing and urgency, which is not nice but it’s bearable. The symptom that nearly broke me was ‘urinary hesitancy’ - wanting to piss but not being able to. Feels like it's a short step from there to the need self-catheterise. Not sure I could, frankly.
I read some of the stories on here, and other forums eg the Macmillan in the UK, about what people are going through physically and emotionally and it breaks my heart. I’m also mindful that we don’t always know the circumstances people are in as they go through this. So, I send loving vibes to you all, especially those of you who feel low at the moment. 

I'm a Brit living in France. I was diagnosed with high risk non-muscle invasive bladder cancer in 2021

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne