Now what?

16 years 10 months ago #6142 by Alice L.
Replied by Alice L. on topic Now what?
Hi Pat, I hate to say it, but I am not sure I understand what Re-TURB means. I just know every three months, I have had a cystoscopy, then in/out surgery to have the tumors removed. I have had chemo once, but was suppose to have it again about four months ago, but I ran into financial problems with no insurance.

I do have a new URO that is going to do the Cystoscopy the 18th of July and I can't wait. I just was not happy or comfortable with my other one at all, so I guess it all turned out okay. Just running over my three months is all, in which is kind of scary, but I am sure it will be okay.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 10 months ago #6141 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Now what?
Alice..just a question..have you been re-TURBed since your initial two years ago?

16 years 10 months ago #6140 by Alice L.
Replied by Alice L. on topic Now what?
Hello Meredith,

I truly am sorry you have to face such a problem at such a young age. It is normal to feel all that you are feeling and I appreciate you being able to share with us.

Meredith, I am 45 and was diagnosed at 43. Mine is low grade, but I have not had a clean check up since my very first surgery. It does get exhausting and frustrating. I am going in to have the cystoscopy the 18th of July and I am already showing blood in the urine.

What ever you do though, Meredith, ALWAYS keep your appointments.

I wish you the very best with your TURB and chemo. Just know I will be thinking of you.

Best Wishes!

Alice

16 years 10 months ago #6127 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Now what?
Meredith....make sure you get the results of your TURB from pathology before you watch and wait...there is certain criteria for that. Good luck on the 29th..........Pat

16 years 11 months ago #5277 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic Now what?
I'll have to agree with Zach here cause I am in the same boat as him you are a very lucky person as far as this cancer goes. If only I had that type of fraud. Don't worry too much think positive and you will be ok and just follow up with your Dr. Count your blessings doll. I was dx 1/6 with an invassive tumor and had 5 tests to find out at least the dang thing was contained to my bladder. Then I had to undergo pre-op chemo for 3 months and by the grace of God that turned out positive for me. I never thought this would happen to me either of course I am older then you 52 but the nonetheless cancer is cancer. So I was dealt a bad hand and then just by my nature was ready to go out and fight this and think as positive as I can. Alot of things in life do not seem fair to us but what ever your cross maybe you got to try your best and try to bear it that's how I do it and just pray and keep your faith and try your best to carry on. Regards, Joe

17 years 17 hours ago #5216 by Zachary
Replied by Zachary on topic Now what?

Well, shoot.

If if makes you feel any better, I'll trade you my T3a/high grade and I'll even throw in a lymph node involvement!

A gold mine, huh? Sounds interesting!

"Standing on my Head"---my chemo journal
T3a Grade 4 N+M0
RC at USC/Norris June 23, 2006 by Dr. John Stein

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne