symptoms return

10 years 8 months ago #45154 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic symptoms return
Worried, have you had a CT scan of your upper tract? That is also a standard test with your symptoms.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 8 months ago #45153 by worriednconfused
Replied by worriednconfused on topic symptoms return
Well I guess good news is no infection, but blood was present again which I knew, Yes Anita I do have some meds left and I am hoping they will help. Lab results won't be back until Friday, so the waiting game continues. I don't really know how to feel or what to make of all this. I am trying my darndest to keep positive, and worrying is not on my agenda,so I wait till friday and trust all is going to be ok.

10 years 8 months ago #45152 by DougG
Replied by DougG on topic symptoms return
Good! Hopefully it is an infection and the doc can get you healing soon. Do you have any of the Pyridium left from your TURB that you could take to get your bladder to relax? Best wishes and hope you feel better soon.

Anita

Anita
Forum Moderator
Caregiver
The following user(s) said Thank You: worriednconfused

10 years 8 months ago #45148 by worriednconfused
Replied by worriednconfused on topic symptoms return
called Dr and they would like a urinalysis to check for infection. Painful and frequent is hard to deal with after feeling so good for the last 6 weeks,
Thank you your advice I am so glad there are people that understand how frightening and frusterating this is.

10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #45147 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic symptoms return
Always call your Doc if there are concerns! That is what they are paid for. One quick and possible guess on your "symptom" coming back. If it is a little "old" blood and a clot-I was warned by my URO that on my 1st TURB to expext to pass a few clots and old blood (brownish) about 3-4 weeks after, as I healed before a follow TURB. Sure enough it happened. It freaked me out but, my wife reminded me about this. Infections as Sara Anne said are also prevalent. Even if this could be your symptom, a call is certainly important.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

10 years 8 months ago #45145 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic symptoms return
You call the doctor's office NOW. This is for your mental, as well as physical, health. It is possible that you have an infection, or it could be something else. But there is no reason to wait.

Please let us know how this goes for you.

Wishing you the best of luck!!

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne