What are the odds of recurring non-invasive CIS/Dysplasia Upstaging??

15 years 9 months ago #19175 by Nix
ddoyle,
Good news on your report! Stay positive!
I am following your thread closely, I follow your history with my own. Dx Ta - 10/06 Dx Ta CIS (flathead) 11/07) - I have had 6 BCG and two maintenance rounds, so far all clear - hoping it stays that way, but glad to hear there are other treatments if needed.

Nancy S
Ta CIS
dx Ta 11/06
dx Ta CIS 10/07

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #19164 by ddoyle
Suzi,

The reason my doctor is going to use Mitomycin C instead of BCG is because I had an extremely bad reaction to the BCG last year: I had blisters and bleeding inside the bladder and it took over four months for things to calm down, then I still had a recurrence. Hopefully things will go better this time.

David

15 years 9 months ago #19155 by suzi
Hi David,
I am glad to hear that good news .I had first recurrence after one year from first surgery (was on 29 November 2005), so I went to surgery again follow with 7 (BCG + INTRON )treatment.
my Doctor said it is better for recurence tumor to take the combination of BCG+INTRON
after that 7 treatment, I got my second recurence after burning it on 06/10/2007, I took another 6 BCG only . The reason I didn't took BCG+INTRON again was my insurance company ,they refused to pay for intron .it is very expensive . any way I didn't had bad react to my first treatment bcg+intron,but I had very hard time with BCG alone . now it is almost one year gone and I am on 3 month check up and I am clear .So be optimistic and we all feel about you with these hard times which we all had it before.
Why your Doctor back up from giving you BCG+INTRON ? I guess you mention that before.
Good luck
Suzi

Be strong and don't give up.
a warrior

15 years 9 months ago #19104 by Rosemary
David,

It's nice to have some good news. I'm glad you are staying on top of it.

Your friend,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

15 years 9 months ago #19102 by ddoyle
The path report we got back on July 3 showed papillary and irregular cells but not CIS-- everything was Ta G 2 - 3. Technical term used by the Pathologist was "Urothelial Carcinoma, Grade 2 of 3, Papillary and Flat Pattern, no invasion. Also "Follicular Cystitis" and "Focal Granulomatous Inflammation". But most importantly: "No Diagnostic Stromal Invastion Identiefied"!!

I'm scheduled to start a round of 6 Mitomycin C treatments this Friday.

Rosemary: Yes, I do plan to ask my Doc about the recently publicized hazards of MMC. Thanks for calling this to my attention.

David

15 years 10 months ago #18530 by Joey
Dave good luck. Please let me know what the results show. My latest cysto biopsy when read by 2 pathogist indicated benign with no evidence of carcinoma. Another indicated he saw focal CIS. FISH and cytology were normal. Hope to start 2nd round of BCG next week. Just had stent removed after 7 weeks.

Thanks Joe

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne