Chemo Update

16 years 7 months ago #8204 by wsilberstein
Replied by wsilberstein on topic Chemo Update
Urelle is the same thing as the Urised I took for a month at a time when I had symptoms from my urethral stricture. If he's not having any side effects from it, long term use shouldn't be a problem. I didn't find it constipating like Detrol.
Drug interactions have to be put in perspective. Did you ever see the warning label on sleeping pills that says "Warning! May Cause Drowsiness!" If you have specific interactions you're concerned about you can send me a private (or public) note and I'll try to look them up for you. Used with other medications that can cause constipation, the constipation may be worse, but it may still be manageable if he needs both meds. Same with other interactions - certain side effects may be worse, but still manageable

-Warren
TaG3 + CIS 12/2000. TURB + Mitomycin C (No BCG)
Urethral stricture, urethroplasty 10/2009
CIS 11/2010 treated with BCG. CIS 5/2012 treated with BCG/interferon
T1G3 1/2013. Radical Cystectomy 3/5/2013, No invasive cancer. CIS in right ureter.
Incontinent. AUS implant 2/2014. AUS explant 5/2014
Pediatrician

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 7 months ago #8200 by momof4
Replied by momof4 on topic Chemo Update
Does anyone take Urelle for bladder spasm? It is a Bladder antiseptic, it makes your urine blue/green. Anyway, my husband has been on it since June. Are there any dangers to taking it that long? I try to get a straight answer from the Pharmacist, and Dr.'s but it seems that they think he has terminal cancer so anything goes. It is very frustrating how they throw all of these prescriptions out at you, and when I look them up some seem to have drug interaction warnings to other drugs that he is taking like pain medication or anti depressants. It scares me to think that some stupid drug interaction could possibly harm him while we are fighting this monster!!! Any suggestions???

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

16 years 7 months ago #8126 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic Chemo Update
Guess it must be my tolerance thru the years but the pain meds when I need them always help me out I spent my life in the fog so what else is new lol. Joe ;)

16 years 7 months ago #8106 by TheWifeAgain
Replied by TheWifeAgain on topic Chemo Update
Kudos to Karen and others with small children at home during "The Cancer Chronicles". I find it hard to keep things normal around here and some days it's almost impossible and my kids are 18 and 20!
I totally agree with Wendy regarding the pain meds. If they are used correctly there is no danger in taking them at regular intervals. It is easier to keep the pain in control by taking them as directed rather than wait until the pain is out of control. Sometimes just taking them at longer intervals will stop the fuzzy head feeling. Most scipts are written as "take one or two tablets every 4 to 6 hours as needed". Maybe if he took one every six hours he would have the clarity. Just my opinion...
Keep up the good work!

Age 53 Currently
Bladder Cancer Diagnosis October 2006 T1G3
2011 Finally made it 6 month between Cystos
8/22/2011 Cysto in the OR
(BCG and BCG Maintenance over the years)
Graduated to yearly Cystos
Tumor found at first one year Cysto - TURBT 4/26/2013
Kidney pain - CT scan 5/1/2013

16 years 7 months ago #8061 by Rosie
Replied by Rosie on topic Chemo Update
Karen, Lorazapan is the best anti-anxiety medication I have every witnessed. I was surprised to just learn it is also used as an anti nausea pill from reading the insert of the prescription I just received. Like all cancer patients, no matter what level of invasion or metasis we ALL get very anxious at times. I am having my fifth TURB next Wednesday, September 19th with a new urologist, a new type instrument gyrus and lazor, in a new hospital, in a city 2 1/2 hours away. Yes, my anxiety is peaking. Here is some info on Antivan or Lorazapan. Too bad more doctors aren't informed enough to inform the patient of it's use to combat anxiety and nausea. Rosie
www.1d5920f4b44b27a802bd77c4f0536f5a-gdprlock/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=Lorazepam+anxiety+nausea&spell=1

16 years 7 months ago #8056 by momof4
Replied by momof4 on topic Chemo Update
Hi Rosie,

Yes, he has lorazepam 1 mg. The prescribed it for nausea, along with promethazine. He has been taking the promethazine, but not the lorazapam. I had no idea it was also for anxiety. I will have him try it out this weekend. Thanks for the info!

Karen

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne