and now for something completely different....

15 years 7 months ago #21282 by Stephany
Replied by Stephany on topic and now for something completely different....
We're back, and it was just as I hoped. We got in quickly. The doc who saw him was actually the doc who put in my implant pegs on Friday! He said "What are you doing back here?"

Doran does not have to have surgery or wiring. They put him on a soft diet....no chewing...for six weeks. And they even scheduled his check up on the same day as mine. Now that's great service!

We came home, and then he passed out getting out of the car. Fortunately, it was right at the car door, so he slumped onto the side of the seat, and stayed upright until he came to.

Then he came inside. He's resting now, and his appetite is starting to come back.

Looks like things might get back to "normal" (whatever that is). I'm going to his office to borrow their walker for him to use going to the bathroom and stuff.

Stephany in Iowa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 7 months ago #21280 by bobmac2
Stephany,
I feel so bad for you both. Passing out is very scary- & even though he hurt himself badly, things could have been even worse. I keep comparing our situations & now I'm wondering about Bob in the tub. We have a grab bar for him but if you pass out
would it be any help?
Thinking of you- hope all goes well today- keep your chin up
Fondly, Lorrie

15 years 7 months ago #21274 by Julie
Stephany, What a nightmare to have him pass out getting out of the bath tub. They say most accidents happen in the home and now i can believe it. Grab bars would not have helped in a situation where someone faints.

I hope every thing goes smoothly tomorrow. You certainly have done what you could to make it be so.

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. Julie

Volunteer Coordinator
ABLSC

15 years 7 months ago #21272 by Stephany
Replied by Stephany on topic and now for something completely different....
Melissa....I have carried that quote in my purse for so many years that it is tattered, even inside a plastic sleeve. And I believe it, but sometimes it's hard.

Pat, I wish you were here, too, just to keep me sane.

actually, "Wife" he isn't in much pain. It was dislocated, so the muscles aren't pulling. He wanted a piece of plum tonight, so I cut one up and he ate a piece or two and some yogurt.

I've got the alarm set, and the clothes laid out. My manicure set is in my purse, and my breakfast is in a bag in the fridge. Right now, I just hope I don't have time to use any of that stuff, and we go down and get seen fast and get home.

BP is up finally, to 135/95. So why the crash? Nobody knows (...the trouble I's seen).

Getting loopy. Good news is that I called the oral surgery department nurse today about my meds, and they told me I could stop the antibiotic that was giving me a raging case of dia so forth. So I should feel better in a few days, too.

Wish us luck.

Stephany in Iowa

15 years 7 months ago #21266 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic and now for something completely different....
OH Stephany ..i'm soooo sorry....what a bummer. I wish i was closer to Iowa so i could help you out. Pat

15 years 7 months ago #21261 by TheWifeAgain
Replied by TheWifeAgain on topic and now for something completely different....
I'm so sorry. The poor guy. When it rains it pours. That sounds very painful.
Hang in there!

Age 53 Currently
Bladder Cancer Diagnosis October 2006 T1G3
2011 Finally made it 6 month between Cystos
8/22/2011 Cysto in the OR
(BCG and BCG Maintenance over the years)
Graduated to yearly Cystos
Tumor found at first one year Cysto - TURBT 4/26/2013
Kidney pain - CT scan 5/1/2013

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne