I\'m home..they tried to make me 93,000 and 1

13 years 3 months ago #36116 by mamatrausch
Replied by mamatrausch on topic I\'m home..they tried to make me 93,000 and 1
OMG pat glad they didnt KILL YOU!!! I feel the same way about my care and run around. GOT A NEW DR TODAY!!! Maybe not some GREAT well known surgeon but one that treats me with some compasion and respect and listens to my complaints. Yesterday I was told my pains and spasms are because Im fat and need to exersize...Sometimes we just have to move on and take care of our own health. Thank God you are so intelligent and kept pushing to get answers. We miss YOU!!!

T1/G3-CIS 10-01-2010
10-27-2010-Indiana Pouch

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #36114 by clueless
Replied by clueless on topic I\'m home..they tried to make me 93,000 and 1

Haha, I agree.

So sorry to hear your ordeal. I know we can all laugh about it afterwards, but while you are in there fighting it's not so funny.

George just ended up so worn out he would have let anyone do anything to him. I don't see that happening to you!

13 years 3 months ago #36099 by Rockyiss
Replied by Rockyiss on topic I\'m home..they tried to make me 93,000 and 1
Hi Pat, I am glad your home ,but what a mess! And to think we pay top dollar for all of it.
My hubby had clots in his leg and lung, thats how we found out about the non hod. lymphoma. He hated the shots in his stomach !We have two neighbors that are nurses. One gave shots so slick he didn't feel them the other said just do them fast so it doesn't hurt (hers did !
I personally don't think they could outwit you on your worst day to make you number 93,ooo and 1. In a coma I can see the way to wake you up would be for them to try and make a mistake ! lol
Love from Rocky

13 years 3 months ago #36080 by CatherineH
Replied by CatherineH on topic I\'m home..they tried to make me 93,000 and 1
Hi Pat... So happy to hear you are home and so sorry to hear about the ordeal you have been through. A patient definitely has to be their own advocate inside the medical system, and you were armed with the information to do so much to their dismay at times I'm sure.

Your point about Vitamin K jumped out at me as I read it. During the course of my BC surgeries, it was discovered that I am positive for antiphospholipid antibodies which can cause clotting. I had never thought about the Vit K in the "healthy" food I try to eat now, so even in the throes of frustration, you have provided some very valuable info. Vanderbilt ran me through their hematology department and I have an appt with one locally on 3/9. I will be sure to ask about any cautions regarding K intake. Thanks for sharing that.

I hope you feel better each day and the that the remaining clot will go away quietly very soon.

Hugs and chocolate!

Best wishes... Catherine

TURBT 1/21/10 at age 55
Dx: T2aN0M0 Primary Bladder Adenocarcinoma
Partial Cystectomy 2/25/10
Vanderbilt Medical Center
Nashville, TN

13 years 3 months ago #36068 by mmc
Wow Pat!!!! What a nightmare! It's a good thing you know so much but I'll bet the Dr.'s and Nurses wish you didn't! :)
Like you said though, if you didn't they may have killed you.

Hope this gets all taken care of quickly!!!! You've certainly had enough crap to deal with over the last couple of years.

Warmest Regards,
Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

13 years 3 months ago #36063 by Flamenco.
Replied by Flamenco. on topic I\'m home..they tried to make me 93,000 and 1
Oh Pat,
You really made me smile!! I wish I had been a fly on the wall!! Well anyway, I·m really glad you·re home, and that they didn·t manage to turn you into a statistic, or squash your sense of humour.
P.S. I·m of the opinion that chocolate combined with a glass of good red wine does wonders for your circulation.
Diane

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne