Melodie - Two Year - New Bladder Birthday!

14 years 9 months ago #27131 by Betsy Mae
Replied by Betsy Mae on topic Melodie - Two Year - New Bladder Birthday!
Happy anniversary Melodie! You have just made me realise that it will be my 2 year birthday soon too!

Betsy Mae

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 9 months ago #27130 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic Melodie - Two Year - New Bladder Birthday!
To Melodie!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! And here's to SOOOOOOOOOOOO Many more!! Being one Anniversary behind you, I am so happy to hear about your Success!

For all of us who have been through this, and for those about to embark on their journey, We are All going to survive and flourish. I too, found that there were many Blessings associated with this disease. There may be a lot of Bad, but there are some rare gifts that appear as a result of this. I am so glad you were able to see the Positives in this affair.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! Here is to many more!

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

14 years 9 months ago #27127 by Melodie
Replied by Melodie on topic Melodie - Two Year - New Bladder Birthday!
Thanks all for the well wishes! I was just talking with someone I met this morning and after learning I had fought bladder cancer, she said something like, "I'm sorry". Don't be, I replied, for cancer as been, in many ways, a hugh blessing for me. At the time I struggled with chemo and all the medical appts, the RC, trying to get the bladder trained, the emergency visits back to the hospital, I wondered if I would ever have any kind of normal life again. Thank God, after the transition, as tough as it was at times, like a woman after childbirth, I can now say it was worth it. I wish all of us warriros could feel so right with life.

Intransition - You are on my prayer list, that you will be saying something very similiar yourself, this time next year or the year following. We are here to help coach you along...just keep in mind, as tough as it may seem, you are even tougher and can manage it. I remember thinking, if others can do it, I can do it...and I consider myself a whimp...even now :dry: I have confidence you will be fine with whatever diversion you decide to get. Please let us know time and date of surgery so I can be sure to pray specific prayers for you. Hugs, Melodie

Melodie, Indy Pouch, U.W.Medical Center, Seattle, Dr. Paul H. Lange & Jonathan L. Wright

14 years 9 months ago #27125 by Moonerj
Replied by Moonerj on topic Melodie - Two Year - New Bladder Birthday!
Hi Melodie

Congratulations on making this milestone.
I wish you all the best and hope you have many more milestones.
:)

Jack

TA Grade 1
3 Turbts
30 BCG Treatments
Cancer Free since Nov 2007

14 years 9 months ago #27124 by Leigh
Replied by Leigh on topic Melodie - Two Year - New Bladder Birthday!
Hello Melodie,

Great to read of this news and wish you continued health.

Congratulations!!

Leigh

Leigh, 39
Dx July 2007
TURBT July 2007
RC/Neobladder ,Studer Pouch, September 2007
Erasmus Centrum Rotterdam
TNM Classification: pT4 N2 Mo
4 cycles aduvant chemo Gemzar & Cisplatinum

14 years 9 months ago #27123 by SandyMc
Replied by SandyMc on topic Melodie - Two Year - New Bladder Birthday!
YAY, Melodie!! I have following you the entire two years and have often been bolstered by your great attitude. May you have many, many more birthdays for your "new" bladder!

Take Good Care!
Sandy

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne