After RC ............... quick hello

15 years 9 months ago #19552 by RAH
Replied by RAH on topic After RC ............... quick hello
Maria,
This makes me so mad I want to spit. IUnfair is all I have to say.
You will be in my prayers.
Rick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #19548 by Webs
Replied by Webs on topic After RC ............... quick hello
Maria,
Those that will be upset will not read. If they read and can not handle it that is something they will have to work through. The important thing is that you get what you need. Worry about our children is one of the worst things about cancer. Know that we are here for you. If you just need to talk or vent we are here.

Webs

15 years 9 months ago #19545 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic After RC ............... quick hello
Maria,
Thats horrible news, especially to hear it now, I would try to keep your head on straight,(easy for me to say), AS TREATMENT CAN CERTAINLY IMPROVE YOUR SITUATION. Meanwhile, prayers coming for your recovery!!!Ginger

15 years 9 months ago #19542 by Maria
Replied by Maria on topic After RC ............... quick hello
My good news did not last very long ................... I have progressed to lymph node mets and am in a complete state of shock and devastated ............ why I was not told before I was discharged is the million $ question.

I am writing this from MD Anderson, admitted yesterday with UTI,hypertension etc, been discussing where to go from here with oncologist. He has a few plans, I am very distressed and may not be able to reply as quick as I would want to. my head is a mess, all I can think about is my family, my son.

Holly ............ just read your proposal under mets and way forward, up until reading that I just did not know where to put this thread, I too worry about upsetting people who may otherwise be settled.

Will update when i feel up to it
Maria

15 years 9 months ago #19402 by Melodie
Replied by Melodie on topic After RC ............... quick hello
Maria,

What terrific news to hear from you. So glad the surgery went well...the staple removal isn't such a big deal and you shouldn't feel anything more than a slight pinch, if that...now you will just need to buy some kind of scar cream and use 2 or 3 times a day. Take it easy as all of us have suggested...the first few weeks following discharge are the tough ones. Take care, Hugs. Melodie

Melodie, Indy Pouch, U.W.Medical Center, Seattle, Dr. Paul H. Lange & Jonathan L. Wright

15 years 9 months ago #19269 by PeterK
Replied by PeterK on topic After RC ............... quick hello
Hello Maria,

Sounds like everthing went well and you are on the road to recovery. I had no problem when they took out the staples (R/C in 11/07). No pain, some minor pinches, so it was nothing to worry about, at least in my case. Take it slow, and don't be trying to get back up to speed too quickly. You and your body have been through a very traumatic operation. Also keeping my fingers crossed for you for a good pathology report.

Regards,

Peter Konomos

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne