Has anyone had irritable bowel syndrome before RC?

15 years 10 months ago #18227 by Patricia

Ya know Ginger i've been thinking ..i know a rarity.....but i'm sure they would have diagnosed me with IBS when i was 9 yrs old if they even knew about IBS then. It only took me 30 yrs to figure out i was allergic to corn...popcorn...any corn anything. I remember getting the attacks at school..being sent home...and then only to feel better and everyone thought i was faking it. Then they said it was pre-pubescent..and then it was hormonal...and then i needed a psychiatrist. It was just corn and fatty foods. I think there are a lot of food allergies out there that parents don't think about. You just kind of have to keep a diary of what you are eating and when the attacks come..usually you and not a doc will figure it out. Like i said...i was a little slow...i kept having attacks after going to a movie and eating popcorn...finally a light bulb went off...and its usually within a 4 to 8 hr period of eating the related food. ( it is my gallbladder going into spasms that are just horrible and only get worse with age..but they didn't have a test for that either)...come to think of it i even missed out on PMS....they named that after i was done with it...makes me feel like a pioneer of sorts!! ;) Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #18224 by Gene Beane
Thanks Pat, I can always count on you for good information!!! Ginger

15 years 10 months ago #18189 by Patricia

15 years 10 months ago #18181 by Gene Beane
jULIE, PROBOTICS IS USED TO REGULATE IbS,, but I read on the C-dif support group those with c-dif have also gone that way to prevent any irritation by foods that could contribute to c-dif, or cause a home for bacteria to grow, in the colon intestine etc. I just starting reading about it as I said my grand daughter has IBS,
after weeks of testing she to went to the CLEVELAND CLINIC,,,she was checked for chrones disease, and other possibles. So its IBS,, DIET TO CONTROL IT AND SOME COUNCELING AS SHE IS A OVER ACHIEVER...what do you know about probotics../???

GINGER

15 years 10 months ago #18177 by Julie
Ginger, Do i understand you to mean you are using probiotics to prevent C-dif? Julie

Volunteer Coordinator
ABLSC

15 years 10 months ago #18162 by Gene Beane
I am learning alot about ibs, my grand daughter was just diagnosed, she is 12,have you heard of probotics,,,google it it tells all about how to avoid it..and I am to since I had C-dif from an anti-biotic..My Kenzie is an over achiever, she has created this ibs in her system which means stress you put on yourself can make you sick, and the combination of your amke-up as well..Ginger

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne