Been away for awhile

15 years 10 months ago #18248 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic Been away for awhile
Carmine,
Good boy, don't get frustrated until they slap you in the face with what could be not such good news, but my theory is as in Joe's case, they saw something that looked questionable and it was nothing, after a second look see. I love seeing your big smile again,,Ginger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #18246 by newpatient
Replied by newpatient on topic Been away for awhile
Hi All!
Thanks for the info. Julie. I'm going to remain upbeat and not worry until they take a closer look on Tuesday. Thanks Gene for the kind words and encouragement. Maria, try not to be too fearful, I was terrified and worried constantly before my RC and it was all for nothing. It really wasn't what I was imagining all along. I think, in terms of problems and feeling bad, the chemo was harder. Recovery is longer, but pain was surprisingly minimal. I have to say that I met some of the most kind and caring people in my life from this ordeal and it's restored my faith in humanity.

- Carmine -

Age 54 T2 high grade Rx 9/17/2007
RC 4/24/2008 Dr. David Chen
Fox Chase Cancer Ctr. Philadelphia PA
with DaVinci Robotic Assist
Retired from General Motors
1/1/2008 (with 30yrs).
Married

15 years 10 months ago #18233 by Maria
Replied by Maria on topic Been away for awhile
Hi Carmine, good to hear from you again. I remember reading your posts about chemo with great interest as I was due to start mine. Like you say it was hard, but you have to get on with it. Interesting what you said because my heart rate increased as a result of the chemo, nothing like what you have experienced.

I am due my RC July 3rd and am very nervous,the wait is the worst. It has been inspiring for me to read your progress and you have a great attitude which is encouraging.
Maria xx

15 years 10 months ago #18229 by Julie
Replied by Julie on topic Been away for awhile
Carmine, your report means they saw a lump too small to be called a lesion or tumor. Neoplasm is another word for cancer so they don't know if it is original to the lung or a metastasis from the bladder cancer. if your CT was done at the same place as the previous one that showed the nodule then they should have compared the size. My husband had a nodule that was followed for several months and it was not until it kept growing that the radiology report mentioned the possibility of cancer. His turned out to be a metastasis from his Bladder Cancer (CIS).
You are right the report does not sound good but you really won't know until they do a needle biopsy or remove the nodule.
They removed the nodule in my husbands lung. Unfortunately even though they thought they got it all he now has a lesion in his pleura that has gone into the ribs. Mucho pain.
Get this attended to immediately. Julie

Volunteer Coordinator
ABLSC

15 years 10 months ago #18223 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic Been away for awhile
Carmine,
I am with you, don't worry about it until they say its something to worry about,
I don't know much in that area, I'll hope its a flute and they are seeing things.
Take care and glad your doing good, nice to see your smile again,,,Gene

15 years 10 months ago #18221 by newpatient
Replied by newpatient on topic Been away for awhile
Hi Gene!
Good to hear from you!! I've thought a lot about everyone here during those trying moments and where everyone was with their own battles. I am still doing pretty well. I Just had a CT scan to look at my right lung from the embolism. The report sounds scary even though the pathology report didn't find any cancerous cells in any of the tissue they removed, the CT scan is showing a "mildly enlarged posteriorly mediastinal nodule, suspicious for neoplasm either primary neoplasm or metastatic focus". I am not sure what this means, but it doesnt sound good. Do you or anyone else know what this means? I have an appt. with the Dr. on Tues. Thats when, I guess, I'll know for sure. The nodule appeared on my previous CT scans, but it wasn't considered a problem then??? Well I'm not going to worry until I see the Doc and find out for sure.
Thanks,
- Carmine -

Age 54 T2 high grade Rx 9/17/2007
RC 4/24/2008 Dr. David Chen
Fox Chase Cancer Ctr. Philadelphia PA
with DaVinci Robotic Assist
Retired from General Motors
1/1/2008 (with 30yrs).
Married

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne