turbt done but still bleeding and clots need help

1 month 2 weeks ago #61497 by LisaNeil
I wanted them to do a cystocopy sooner as I started bleeding 7 weeks after my first turbt.thry kept telling me it's a urine infection and gave antibiotics even though no infection was found.i had to wait for my first cystocopy which was arranged 12 weeks after turbt bit due to  blood clots and pain ot was booked 2 weeks earlier. 

This is what worries me that they never diagnosed me correctly in the first place.how can I have a reoccurrence 7 weeks after turbt...8 days left for second turbt then wait another 2 weeks for results.....thanks for replying much love and much appreciated. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 month 2 weeks ago - 1 month 2 weeks ago #61496 by sara.anne
Your experience is not unusual and indicates that you probably have a very good, up-to-date urologist!  During your first TURB the urologist was taking samples where they thought the cancer might be.  When the results of the first TURB were in, they saw that there might be areas that deserved further attention so on the second TURB they will know exactly what areas to sample.

In my case, the first TURB showed papillary carcinoma, but also areas of "undefined  inflammation."  My urologist felt that it was important to take a closer look at these questionable areas and, sure enough, the second TURB pathology report mentioned CIS which is always high grade.  Therefore I underwent two years of BCG/BCG maintenance and fortunately have been cancer-free ever since.

I do not have the data in front of me, but it is considered good practice if there is any uncertainty for a urologist to do a second TURB and it is definitely not unusual.  I know you do not want to go through this again, but be glad that your urologist is so vigilant.  When this is over you will KNOW that the results are as accurate as they can be.

Good luck and let us know the result!

PS I just noted your second post where you stated that you had a recurrence after just 7 weeks.  I doubt that this is the case;  the second TURB, as noted above, is really just an extension of the first situation!!

Sara Anne  

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: LisaNeil

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 month 2 weeks ago #61494 by LisaNeil
Hi

Had cystocopy been told another tumour near the previous  one.

I'm have a turbt on the 16.12 .I'm was shocked how quickly I'm having another turbt last one was in Sep 2022 and 7 weeks later its happened all over again.

I'm not sure what grade this one will be as last one was low grade...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 months 4 days ago #61471 by Alan
10 weeks post a TURB is way too long to be passing clots unless he has been given BCG. Which often will cause irritation to cause bleeding. Otherwise, I'd get checked .

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 months 4 days ago #61470 by Kirannaz
Hi cam you tell me what caused the bleeding 
My husband had turbt 10 weeks ago and is bleeding large clots last 2 days .urine sample came back negative for uti.so close to going a n e tonight as so worried but he's in pain so reluctant to go as could be waiting all night to be seen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 months 4 days ago #61469 by Kirannaz
Still don't know.been told no urine infection but last 2 days clots have been so bad thinking about going a n e tonight 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne