Its my birhtday and Doug feels lousy....

14 years 10 months ago #26030 by Flamenco.
Replied by Flamenco. on topic Its my birhtday and Doug feels lousy....
Hi Anita,
Hope Doug is on the mend again now and that you get your Do-over celebration in at weekend. We call them Very Merry Unbirthdays ! (from an old Alice in Wonderland video )
All the best,
Diane

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 10 months ago #26021 by DougG
Replied by DougG on topic Its my birhtday and Doug feels lousy....
OK OK I spoke too soon. Doug was chilling this AM and had a fever of 100.9. Jack Mooner gets an honorary urologist award for properly diagnosing a UTI. Thanks for that info. Doug was going in to his GP to have blood work today (cholesterol) and I told him to INSIST upon a uranalysis, which confirmed Jack's diagnosis! So now, Mike, I think I'll wait until next weekend and then exercise the DO-OVER option!!

Thanks for your help and encouragement.
Anita

Anita
Forum Moderator
Caregiver

14 years 10 months ago #26008 by mmc
That's GREAT!

Hope you had a great birthday! If not, then now that Doug's feeling better, why not have a "do-over".

Do-Overs are not just for little kids. They come in handy all through life. If things didn't go how you wanted, and IF it is in your control to try again, then do it.

Typically, men are more frequent requesters of do-overs throughout the course of the marriage.

By "Do-Over", men mean "Forget about the the past, it never happened, we will just do it over". (Depending on what "it" is, there may be a waiting time required before the do over occurs. :huh:

Sometimes women use "Do-Over" to mean, "I'm going to do this argument/lecture/reminder of what you did wrong (or didn't do right), over and over again until I feel you have suffered enough". This time period is usually at least 8-10 years longer than the man considers he has suffered enough...

OK, OK, no cards and letters. It's a joke. :D:silly: :woohoo:

However, I do think the concept is great (when used with the men's definition).

One good thing that women should know about do-overs is that when you use one to have another go at a birthday, it does NOT add any extra years. And, if used with imagination you don't even have to do over this year's birthday. Why not have a do over for your 30th, or 35th, or whichever you choose?

Laugh often....live longer.

Happy Anniversary of your 25th birthday!

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

14 years 10 months ago #26005 by DougG
Thanks, Mike. His fever didn't go above 99.6 and today he is feeling MUCH better!!! :cheer:
Anita

Anita
Forum Moderator
Caregiver

14 years 10 months ago #26004 by mmc
If fever is above 101F (38.5C) then call the doctor. You need to be very careful with high fever and sometimes they give antibiotics and other drugs to kill the BCG if high fever occurs.

If it is a low grade fever (less than listed above), then it is common after BCG treatment. Rest and fluids and tylenol and time is usually the best treatment.

Keep a record of when fevers occur (and how high) and let the uro know prior to or at the next appointment prior to instillation. Depending on the severity of the fever, reducing the strength of the dose may be considered/discussed with his uro.

Hope Doug is feeling better soon!

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

14 years 10 months ago #26000 by DougG
Thank you both. If Doug doesn't feel better tomorrow, I'm calling the doc!...or I might hunt him down at church.

Anita
Forum Moderator
Caregiver

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne