Delays

15 years 7 months ago #21513 by Stephany
Replied by Stephany on topic Delays
I remember my mother in law had a lumpectomy, and walked out under her own steam the same day.

You may have the same luck!

Stephany in Iowa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 7 months ago #21510 by momof4
Replied by momof4 on topic Delays
Julie,

I answered your email and sent my cell number...did you get it? I have been sending out alot of emails with no reply...either no one likes me or the system isn't working properly...LOL

Karen

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

15 years 7 months ago #21509 by Julie
Replied by Julie on topic Delays
Stephany and Holly I wrote a reply to you earlier and submitted it but it has not shown up.
The emesis bag sounds like a great idea. I remember you saying you had ordered some.

I think the reason for the needle biopsy is the location of the mass and it's small size. I didn't think to ask about just removing it. Not sure what the recovery time is for a lumpectomy. I can't be out of commission for very long.

Volunteer Coordinator
ABLSC

15 years 7 months ago #21486 by Stephany
Replied by Stephany on topic Delays
Julie, I so wish I were there so I could give you a hug, and give him a "whup upside the head!" I know what you mean about your life controlled by HIS bladder.

Have you seen the little blue emesis bags? I found out about them in the hospital this past trip. They're much easier to carry than a urinal, and they measure, then you can toss.

If you want to try one, PM me your address, and I'll put one in an envelope. They're lightweight and unobtrusive.

Stephany in Iowa

15 years 7 months ago #21481 by mznoregrets
Replied by mznoregrets on topic Delays
Hi Julie,

Sure wish I could change what you are going thru.

You asked about breast lesions possibly being benign...I had many cysts that were needle aspirated back in my 20's. Then in 1994 I had a lumpectomy - it turned out to be benign. Another mass grew in the same place in 2001. That one was cancer. They took wide margins and a lymphnode and called it good. In 2005 I had another lesion (different area of yet the same breast) which turned out to be benign also. So out of 3 lesions - 2 were benign. I firmly believe the only good lump is in a jar.
I do have a question tho - why are they doing a biopsy instead of a lumpectomy? My needle biopsys were ultra sound guided but still required a lumpectomy all three times before they were sure of what it was. I would ask - I suspect they may tell you to still get lumpectomy after the biopsy anyway.
Praying for you, God Bless, Holly

15 years 7 months ago #21475 by Julie
Replied by Julie on topic Delays
Lorrie and Charlotte, I have started going to church every Sunday with a friend and we have lunch afterwards. This is part of my get away time. On Tuesday evenings I play bridge at the clubhouse here and go for the Saturday morning coffee hour.

I have the needle biopsy scheduled for next Friday October 3. My friend Nancy will be driving me. They told me I could drive myself as they only use a local but I thought it would be good to have someone with me. It would not be a good idea to have that person be Dick.

My Primary Physician phoned this morning to see how I was doing and to urge me to have the biopsy but I had already scheduled it. She asked how I was feeling and I said angry. That seems to be my major response now.

If I need someone to come and be here my sister Kay who lives near Phoenix will come down and take care of us. She did that last year when I had to have my sigmoid colon removal surgery.

Now is just the interminable waiting time for the outcome. This is the part we hate the most. You would think we would be used to it after all the years of bladder cancer but we're not. Thanks for caring. Julie

Volunteer Coordinator
ABLSC

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne