OK...2 hrs is plenty to wait

13 years 7 months ago #34427 by Julie
Replied by Julie on topic OK...2 hrs is plenty to wait
Waiting in Dr. offices is the norm here rather than the exception. The good places let me know the Dr. is running late or was called to the hospital and is trying to see everyone. I now schedule my appointments for the first thing in the morning or first in the afternoon in order to be seen closer to the designated appointment time. My last appointment was cancelled without anyone phoning me. I complained to 3 people about their system failure including the Dr. that I got a work in appointment with.
As for labs, I get my lab order from the Dr. and then go to the hospital lab where the phlebotomist has managed 9 out of 10 times to draw blood at the first stick. Last time it was the first stick but I have a big bruise on my arm.

There is a shortage of primary care physicians here plus not all of them take medicare but the clinic I use is on probation with me. One more incident and I'm finding another Dr. no matter how much I like the one I have now.
I think you poked one of my hot buttons on this topic, Pat. Julie

Volunteer Coordinator
ABLSC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 7 months ago #34418 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic OK...2 hrs is plenty to wait
I waited 6 hours at MD Anderson that time I went for my second opinion. The lights were out and everybody else was gone by the time the doctor came to see me.

It's one of the reasons I opted to go to UCH instead of MD Anderson.

That and the fact that the first thing the doctor said when he finally came in was "So, how long have you guys been married?". I was thinking "What? Is my wife soon going to get the 'until death' escape clause?"!!!

We flew there for the sole purpose of getting the 2nd so it wasn't like we could go anywhere else at the time or I would have done what you did Pat.

Sorry you had to deal with that!
Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

13 years 7 months ago #34416 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic OK...2 hrs is plenty to wait
I did ask my local uro's receptionest once his hourly rate so i could bill him for the 1 1/2 hrs after my scheduled appt. time.
And no i didn't reschedule...they have my blood ..what else do they need? This is why i quit going to my oncologist after the bladder cancer. They really only did a blood test and i arranged for my internist to do it on a regular basis.
Honest..i'm done with the doctor thing.
pat

13 years 7 months ago #34414 by Cynthia
Replied by Cynthia on topic OK...2 hrs is plenty to wait
Don't blame you, did your reschedule? I always wonder what they would do if I sent them a bill for wasting my time? Maybe we should all try it...

Cynthia Kinsella
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Clinical Trial
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
Chemotherapy 3/05-5/05
BCG 9/05-1-06
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society

13 years 7 months ago #34413 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic OK...2 hrs is plenty to wait
Good for you, Pat!!!

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

13 years 7 months ago #34411 by Flo
Replied by Flo on topic OK...2 hrs is plenty to wait
Oh Pat I have only just begun this long journey and have no patients for waiting. I mean really if I were two hours late they would charge me a no show fee and make me reschedule. :S

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne