"Early menopause" and BC article

17 years 1 week ago #5057 by Sandra
Replied by Sandra on topic "Early menopause" and BC article
Hi Everyone: OMG - I stood on my head a lot, hung by my toes on the jungle gym everyday grades 1-4, did backwards somersaults for years AND danced on a few tables at Elvis concerts (back in a day)! Menopause at 52, bladder cancer at 63 no UTI - and I'm with Pat - Rosemary what is this no mood swings or hot flashes - you must be joking! How can that be? LOL

Sandra
"Grandmothers are just antique little girls...."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 1 week ago #5049 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic "Early menopause" and BC article
Oh my gosh Clur...you're on to something.......i too stood on my head a lot......lots of cartwheels too!
And Rosemary I hate you.......what do you mean no hot flashes..no mood swings??
Pat

17 years 1 week ago #5047 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic "Early menopause" and BC article
I'm with Pat and Claire.  I hit menopause at the same time as BC diagnosis (age 53).  I had one menstrual cycle in March after the January diagnosis.  No hot flashes, and no mood swings.  

The only UTI that I remember was on my honeymoon when I peed pure blood into the toilet.  

Out of 35 first cousins over the age of 50,  I am the only one with any form of cancer.  One of my cousins is male and over 50, smoked his whole life and owned and worked in his Cleaning Laundry for 30 years.

I hope that some day that someone can really determine what causes this cancer.  You can't prove the statistics by me.  

Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

17 years 1 week ago #5046 by clur
I think they could say standing on one hand wagging your feet in the air increases the risk of baldder cancer they really dont seem to with the exception of smoking and industrial exposure to certain chemicals.
I was 41 bladder cancer made me have an early menopause,I have never smoked only drink minimally and have never had a bladder infection.I did do lots of handstands when I was younger though.
LOL Claire x

17 years 1 week ago #5036 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic "Early menopause" and BC article
Yet another study i wasn't in.....i hit menopause at 54..never had a urinary tract infection and got bladder cancer at 60!!.........I wonder if all these women also ate brocolli....they could associate bladder cancer with that too. ;)

17 years 1 week ago #5032 by lhpdogs
Replied by lhpdogs on topic "Early menopause" and BC article
Hmmm since when has the frequency of urinary tract infections EVER been associated with a greater risk for bladder cancer (as suggested in this article)? I've never read about that anywhere before... and since I only had 2 UTIs in my ENTIRE life, yet was diagnosed with BC at age 47, I wonder about that..!! :o

TaG1 12/05
3 recurrences
BCG started 9/09

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne