Questions from a new Indiana Poucher

14 years 9 months ago #27146 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Questions from a new Indiana Poucher
They have an expiration date to open them.....once opened 48 hrs is the max they should be used.....thats why i get the 250ml bottles ...don't have as much to throw away. This came from my stoma nurses at Cleveland.
Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 9 months ago #27145 by Gracie
Replied by Gracie on topic Questions from a new Indiana Poucher
Pat - quickly reading this post - somewhat confused on keeping saline for 2 days. The saline bottles have an expiration date - usually out a year or better. Am I missing something in my haste?

Gracie

14 years 9 months ago #27100 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Questions from a new Indiana Poucher
Tammy found this site......maybe some good stuff on it?? Using a lubricant seems to make some sense to me...even the sterile surgi-lube might be worth a try?? I wouldn't leave a cath in...just asking for infection i think......but have your pharmacist or medical supply house order the bottles of saline in the 250ml bottles.....they have them...they just have to order them......2 days is the longest you should keep a bottle.
www.uoaa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10151
Pat

14 years 9 months ago #27097 by Melodie
Replied by Melodie on topic Questions from a new Indiana Poucher
Tammy,

What is the latest with you...how went your appt. with Dr. Campbell? Is there any improvement? :huh:

Melodie, Indy Pouch, U.W.Medical Center, Seattle, Dr. Paul H. Lange & Jonathan L. Wright

14 years 9 months ago #26681 by Shari
Replied by Shari on topic Questions from a new Indiana Poucher
Thank you all who responded. I appreciate your replies.

The biggest problem I am having now is my stoma is crusting over. My uro clipped it several times last week but it is already trying to close up again. Any advice? It feels crusty for about the first inch or so when the cath is going in, too.

Thanks again,
Tammy

14 years 9 months ago #26651 by Stephany
Replied by Stephany on topic Questions from a new Indiana Poucher
Sorry, Pat. I think I was going back to my southern Iowa roots. I meant the toilet. I was thinking about when we needed to cath Doran in bed, and they wanted it measured. It was SO difficult to use those graduated plastic containers, so we stumbled on the barf bags. He would use them in bed, or over the sink, when measuring was an issue. Otherwise, just eliminate in the toilet as normal.

Listening to fireworks over the river. No desire to see them, and want to keep the dogs calm.

Stephany in Iowa

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne