Home Forums All Categories Chit Chat A picture that’s worth 10,000 words

• A picture that’s worth 10,000 words

Posted by Rosemary on June 28, 2007 at 12:58 am

A photo taken by my co-worker last week while he was working in a local community appraising property. He always has a camera with him for proper appraisal and was lucky enough to capture this shot. This is a sacred moment in my eyes…

Rosemary
    Age – 55
    T1 G3 – Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
    Dx January 2006
    rosemary replied 17 years ago 3 Members · 12 Replies
  • 12 Replies
  • rosemary

June 30, 2007 at 12:15 pm

Gordon,

I showed your photo to someone, and they want to know if the bear is sitting or standing?
    I said you could put a hat on this bear and call him “Yogi”…heeeehee

I love this photo.

Rosemary

Rosemary
    Age – 55
    Dx January 2006
  • rosemary

June 29, 2007 at 10:39 am

Gordon,

You’ll figure this out. I have a Microsoft photo editor on my computer at work, and I haven’t figured out how to resize using that one yet!!

I use a Kodak editor which I obtained on disk from Walmart. They distribute it free and I find it user friendly. I have also used Picasa

http://picasa.google.com/ which gives a free download.

I hope you will continue to share your photos. I went to college in the Snake River Valley in Idaho back in the 1970’s and could see the Grand Tetons from my bedroom window. I wish I had had a camera then.

Once again, thanks for sharing. I believe that there is something healing about viewing images from nature.

Your friend,
    Rosemary

Rosemary
    Age – 55
    Dx January 2006
  • Gordon

June 29, 2007 at 4:06 am

Thanks, Rosemary. It was really a great experience. I’ve “cropped” another photo taken
    the same day and will frame it and place it in our cabin on Priest Lake in Idaho. I never realized
    how “human” he looks until I posted the photo. No wonder “big foot” lure exists in our area of
    the woods. The cropped photo shows more of his front legs.

As I tell my friends, we have to enjoy those moments in between life’s trial and tribulations.
    Nature is my escape/passion. I’m seldom disappointed!

Gordon

PS I’m still working on reducing the size of the photos. Don’t seem to be able to get my editor
    to do it – yet. :)

age 70
    Dx 10/03
    neobladder 9/4/04
  • rosemary

June 28, 2007 at 10:12 pm

This is really beautiful, Gordon. I know I’m repeating myself, but you need to frame this one…

Rosemary

Rosemary
    Age – 55
    Dx January 2006
  • rosemary

June 28, 2007 at 10:11 pm

I love the Photo!!!!! Okay, this is what you do. You have to resize the photo in your photo editor. I use Kodak Easy Share, so after I do my enhancements to the photo, I click on my “Save As” button and it has a drop down box that asks you how much you want to reduce the photo. I reduced this one to 50%. I guess it depends on what Photo Editor that you use. My suggestion is to go to your Help Box in your Editor and do an Index Search for Resize Photo and play around with that.

Rosemary
    Age – 55
    Dx January 2006
  • Gordon

June 28, 2007 at 2:15 pm

Sorry for large photo. I’m obviously doing something wrong. :( Darn it.

I go from not being able to post a photo – to having one too large! Go figure. Kinda the story of my life.

I’ll work on it. Any advice would be appreciated.

Gordon

age 70
    Dx 10/03
    neobladder 9/4/04
  • Gordon

June 28, 2007 at 2:10 pm

Thank you, Rosemary. When I attempted to use the attachment feature, I got a “file to large” response. So I think your method is probably the best.

Anyway, while veiwing your great deer photo, I was reminded of my fishing/photo opportunity while fly fishing in northern Idaho last week. It made for a rather tense day of fishing. Fishing turned out to be poor. But photo opportunity was great. Thought I would share. By the way, it’s a grizzly! He was eating cow turnip leaves.

Now as I view the preview the photo is huge and I can’t see my message. I’m going to post and hope for the best. Sorry if I screw things up.

Gordon

age 70
    Dx 10/03
    neobladder 9/4/04
  • rosemary

June 28, 2007 at 10:12 am

Gordon and Alice, I will have to try that way, it sounds easier than what I did. But, this is how I uploaded my photo….

[list]

• First you have to have the photo loaded to your hard drive. I always put my photos in “My Pictures”

Then you have to go to http://www.tinypic.com/ to upload the photo.

Copy the URL

Come back to the forum here. Open your “New Post” or “Post Reply” and click on the second button of your “Add BBC tags:” (Insert Image). Click on the button and paste your URL from “Tiny Pic” in the ” Add URL ” window that should pop up.

• [/list]

If you have any problems. let me know. That’s why I’m here. (I will try Alice’s way next time. It sounds much easier)

Your bud,
    Rosemary

Rosemary
    Age – 55
    Dx January 2006
  • Alice L.

June 28, 2007 at 5:06 am

Gordon, I figured it out. When you are posting, go to the bottom of the box and you will see an arrow with “Additional Options..” Click on that and it will give you a place to browse and attach picture.

Can’t wait to see what you have for us.

Alice

• Alice L.

June 28, 2007 at 3:26 am

Gordon, no reason to feel dumb, because if you feel dumb, then that is saying I am dumb and I know I am not dumb. Why? Well…..I don’t know how to do it either :-[

Can you help the both of us, Rosemary!

Alice

• Gordon

June 28, 2007 at 3:13 am

Rosemary,

I’d like to post a picture. But, how do I do it? Boy, do I feel dumb.

Gordon

age 70
    Dx 10/03
    neobladder 9/4/04
  • Alice L.

June 28, 2007 at 2:26 am

Rosemary, this is such a beautiful and serene picture. Thanks for sharing with the rest of the group.