Forum

× click the New Topic button to post

Urothelial Carcinoma, High Grade, Invasive

3 years 2 weeks ago #53404 by Jack R
Huc318,

Sara Anne offers good advice - you need to know and understand the different options that may be available to you. You need to be prepared to question your doctors about your options, and consider their answers, then make a choice of how you would best like to proceed.

Your doctors can only help you make a decision if they know what is most important to you about the care you will receive.. The more information you have about bladder cancer and treatment options, the better you will be prepared to discuss your care with the doctors.

May I suggest the following multi-page website from the National Institutes of Health as a reasonable starting point for learning what is possible. You doctors can discuss the pros and cons of each choice if you begin the conversation.

https://www.cancer.gov/types/bladder

Best,
Jack

What's with this Bleeding ? 6/2015
DX: HG Papillary & CIS
3 Years and 30 BCG/BCG+Inf
Tis CIS comes back.
BC clear as of 5/17 !
RCC found in my one & only kidney 10/17
Begin Chemo; Cisplatin and Gemzar
8/18 begin Chemo# 3
Begin year 4 with cis
2/19 Chemo #4
9/19 NED again :)
1/2020 CIS is back...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 2 weeks ago #53402 by sara.anne
Unfortunately, no one can make this decision for you. You will need to do a lot of research, and your getting a second opinion is critical. Since you are close to LA, one of the best places in the country for bladder cancer treatment is USC....

Wishing you all the best

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 2 weeks ago #53400 by huc318
I have had two Turbt Surgeries , the last one shows Stage 1 (T1, NX, MX) Urothelial Carcinoma, High Grade, Invasive Cancer. The tumor invades the Lamina Propria. My Doctor recommends Total Bladder removal. He also gave me the option of another Turb surgery and remove all the cancer he can see and the chances of recovery would be 75% being cancer free with a chance of 25% recurrence of cancer. I don'"t know what to do . I would like someone to help me decide which route I should take. I am asking for a second opinion from a doctor at Loma Linda Hospital. What do you think I should do??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add Files.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne

Users

Total Online: 1 User and 2136 Guests 
dtat60's Avatardtat60

Legend: Site Administrator Global Moderator User Banned

Statistics

Today Total Opened: 1 Today Total Answered: 4 Latest User: zanife90
Yesterday Total Opened: 2 Yesterday Total Answered: 3
Total Posts: 53700 Total Subjects: 7031 Total Users: 8728