Thanks everyone for the advise. I'm a little premature on getting that 2nd opinion, but I wanted to be ready (if necessary) to make the request. I had my final BCG teatment this week. I think we are waiting either 6 or 9 weeks and then do another TURBT. Side effects were no worse this time than the first series. Hopefully the BCG worked this time. If not it will be the third reoccurence in six months. The last two were high grade (TaG3). I'm very much trying to keep a positive attitude, but you warriors know the helpless feeling while you wait. Again, thanks for your advice and suport.
dx - Aug 2005
Five reoccurences (last 12/09 Ta high grade)
BCG Started 10/09 (2 6wk treatment)
BCG Maintenance started 4/10
I am sure JH is the place to go, but if you want a second opinion near home, I go to Moffitt. Right now my Uro is Dr Wade Sexton. I do like him, but I have gone to several doctors for second opinions during my journey through BC.
I am being followed at Johns Hopkins by Dr. Schoenberg who I like alot. JHU was the #1 Urology hospital last year. He is the head of Urology/Oncology. He also does a lot or research in the lab besides cystoscopy and RC's.